• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New and need help

Smiff40

I recently dug out my tamiya m03 and madcap I raced the m03 but felt totally out of date with my old car and radio gear!!!! I'm going to upgrade to an m05 but would like advice on another car or buggy to race nothing to serious in it more for the fun rather than the tech side of things. Also can someone recommend a stick radio

There's no significant advantage to the M-05 over the M-03. The M-03 needs less parts to go well, some feel it is the better car anyway. The only drawback is that the M-03 won't suit any of the oil-filled gear diffs that some of us prefer to use now.

Another car should really be what you will get the best chance to race and that depends on what is popular at your local club.

Stick radio depends on budget. The Core RC/Etronix/Tamco radios are the only budget choice now and are borderline junk, a bit more money will get you a Sanwa Gemini or Futaba 3GR which are pretty solid, lots of money will get you a Sanwa Exzes (new).