• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

OHO's mucky Marder.

Oh How Original

Sorry but they only fit in one place, You cant close them any more than the pics above.

If you can something is very warn 

When you hit the throttle, the butterfly opens? When you higher the idle, the butterfly opens? lol... That's what I'm saying, the idle was all the way out and the trim was set so the butterfly was completely closed, I don't think I explained it very well though :lol:

It may well be worn, but I imagine it being completely closed was stopping it starting, because it fired once with the choke on then wouldn't have any of it, so I can only imagine the fire came from whatever was left after the last run :)

Yeah I do tend to add a tiny bit much, plus I'm using a mixing bottle I've never used before, so it'll be running slightly rich no doubt.

Quite a lot firing out though :lol: but their is only about 1/4 of a tank left so I'll just lean the mixture ever so slightly before taking it out.

Edited by Oh How Original

I switched my fg hubs to punisher ones also the fg arms tend to rip the threads outta the fg hubs when they roll with the punisher ones this can't happen ;)

genuine FG hubs have a metal ring with threaded holes top and bottem. If you are using the right length bolts they will not rip out. Sometimes the ring turns preventing the use of the correct length bolts and shorter ones are used instead which will pull out of the plastic

Customer: 'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

(The owner does not respond.)

C: 'Ello, Miss?

Owner: What do you mean "miss"?

C: I'm sorry, I have a cold. I wish to make a complaint!

O: We're closin' for lunch.

C: Never mind that, my lad. I wish to complain about this Marder what I purchased not half an hour ago from this very boutique.

O: Oh yes, the, uh, the Carnforth Beetle...What's,uh...What's wrong with it?

C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. It's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

O: No, no, it's uh,...it's resting

C: Look, matey, I know a dead Marder when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

O: No no it's not dead, it's, it's restin'! Remarkable gasser, the Carnforth Beetle, isn'it, ay? Beautiful aesthetics!

C: The aesthetics don't enter into it. It's stone dead.

O: Nononono, no, no! It's resting!

C: All right then, if it's restin', I'll wake it up!

(shouting at the buggy on the counter)

'Ello, Mister Carnforth Beetle! I've got a lovely fresh carb gasket for you if you show...(owner hits the table)

O: There, it moved!

C: No, it didn't, that was you hitting the table!

O: I never!!

C: Yes, you did!

O: I never, never did anything...

C: (yelling and hitting the table repeatedly) 'ELLO BEETLE!!!!!

Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes Marder off the table and thumps it on the floor. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

C: Now that's what I call a dead Marder.

O: No, no.....No, it's stunned!

C: STUNNED?!?

O: Yeah! You stunned it, just as it was startin' up! Carnforth Beetles stun easily, major.

C: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That Marder is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged bash.

O: Well, he's...it's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.

C: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did it fall flat on its back the moment I got it home?

O: The Carnforth Beetle prefers bashin' on it's back! Remarkable buggy, id'nit, squire? Lovely aesthetics

C: Look, I took the liberty of examining that Marder when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that the carb had been sitting on the block in the first place was that it had been NAILED there.

(pause)

O: Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that carb down, it would have nuzzled up to those body mount bars, bent 'em apart with its bulb, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee!

C: "VOOM"?!? Mate, this Marder wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts through it! It's bleedin' demised!

O: No no! It's pining!

C: It's not pinin'! It's passed on! This Marder is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet it's maker!

It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed the carb to the block, it'd be pushing up the daisies!

It's metabolic processes are now 'istory! It's off the twig!

It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!!

THIS IS AN EX-MARDER!!

(pause)

O: Well, I'd better replace it, then.

(he takes a quick peek behind the counter)

O: Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of Marders.

C: I see. I see, I get the picture.

O: I got a slug.

(pause)

C: (sweet as sugar) Pray, does it bash?

O: Nnnnot really.

C: WELL IT'S HARDLY A BLOODY REPLACEMENT, IS IT?!!???!!?

Etc etc etc

• Like 1