• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The crawler guide thread

-BEZ-

This thread is soon to be packed with helpful guides, hints,  tips and tutorials to help with all your crawling needs, bare with us as this is a work in progress   :)

To get the ball rolling here is a link to a guide on how to make your own suspension links:

How to make your own crawler suspension links

How to remote control winches and LEDs etc

If anyone has anything they would like to add to this thread, PM me a link and I will get it added to the list :good:

• 1 year later...

Could some-one add a link to the competing rules for the various classes please?

i think one is mainly used in the usa but could be wrong 

http://sorrca.com/rules/2013rules.pdf

or this one abit more info

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/matt/Docs/New%20Rules.pdf

Edited by mini-z-awd

There seems to be a bit of contradiction between those 2 rules. One saying you can run any wheel size in any class and the other saying you have to run 1.9" in class 1, 2.2" in class 2.

Apart from that, it sounds like it'd be class 1 I'd build my rig for. Sounds like I need to get a winch too!

• 1 year later...

Hello, thinking of trying Crawling, the council has opened a new path that I can get on with my W/C, there are some steep reasonably high runs that I thought would be fine for a crawler, it is wooded, leaves, grassy and at the moment muddy, I am tempted by the HPI Rapture Crawler, or round about that price range, can anyone offer any suggestions please :ack:

Thanks

Hi mate,

we we welcome to the dirty part of the hobby lol.

all these trucks will become accustomed to your workbench, the more the strain, the more the breakage but.

upgrade as you go, not be long before you have a bombproof truck.

on that basis, unlike any other the axial scx10 still holds the title as yet of the best all round scale/crawler truck. :good:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hello, just bought off ebay  a - please do not laugh -

HPI WHEELY KING 4x4 RTR fitted with the HPI Crawler King conversion the lower links are aluminium , the diff have solid lockers , the axials have the higher carriers for the links , the main chassis is STRC RACING alloy blue with body mounts in CNC blue alloy , the motor is a silver STRC heat sink plate , the steering has been modified with HOT RACING front axial mounted plate to reposition the steering servo , this is a massive improvement also fitted with a STRC ALLOY blue wheely bar with roller wheels. I have the original box and hpi crawler conversion instructions also included are the plastic parts which were removed 

Any one any ideas - apart from me being a idiot novice :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • .AJ. unpinned this topic