• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New f550 build

S40bul

Will be sticking my FPV gear on it for sure. Some LED's to help with orientation / night flights. Wanna try keep it light but gimbal , leg extensions ,retracts are all buzzing on my mind ......

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Cheers bud , Yeh got a few on YouTube and Vimeo ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by S40bul

Can't comment on the h/king gear Went with immersionRC Check out :

http://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/complete-fpv

Great service and worked well straight out of the box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using the predator V2 complete kit but with the 250mw transmitter

http://www.efpv.co.uk/#!product/prd2/1587931315/fatshark-predator-v2-full-kit---special-order

Some versions only come with a 25mw.  Really easy to setup and you power the hole system off the balance plug on your lipo.

Liking it so much i'll be saving for the dominator  HD

Edited by skuzzy12

Cheers for that guys, it kind of confirmed I was looking at the right stuff - Fatshark goggle kits. Still wondering about head tracking but will do some more research on that.

Is 250mw legal, I've seen other people say it's max 100w in the UK?

UK legal is 25mw on 5.8ghz and 10mw on 2.4 ghz. ALL fpv flyers break this as that power output is stupid and even with the best base station would only get you out to 200m at the most. 500mw max output is all you need with some half decent aerials on your gear.

First of all  - SORRY S40 for hijacking the thread. Looks like a a wicked machine and some nice touches with the retracts. Would love to have one like yours and be able to get video off it like you posted. Very nice indeed. Have you thought about offering you video services to country houses etc to include on their websites? I think with the right marketing it would be easy money and would look sweet as a virtual tour type option.

To everyone else that offered opinions - thank you, helps focus my thinking a bit. At the moment I'm looking at the fatshark without HT, possibly combined with one of the UHF setups for real distance flying - maybe a pipe dream for now!

Will start my own thread at some point closer to when I'm going to throw down the challenge to my credit card.

No hijack apology required Smoothy . Never really thought about the commercial route. For me it's a hobby, the videos are just for capturing the moment and sharing amongst friends. There is also all the legalities to consider once you start thinking of taking payments.

The landing gear porl_hopkins are basic tarot legs modified with hobbyking retract servos for the movement

AWESOME this type of thing is going to be my next project love your videos they are so cool.  fyi.....in france this type of thing has been banned and you no what our government is like it wont be long before it I banned here too.... :censored: