• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Urgent help! - HPI truggy differiental problems?!

Callyakn

Hi guys, my truggy was turning the drive shafts but not the wheels whenever i put my foot infront of the truggy and held it at a stand still (i only did this after my truggy was making an awful noise and spinning up through the revs but the car wasnt reacting to the speed of the motor acceleration)

got the back end of the differiental off, and looking at it.. dont really know what im looking at, it all looks sturdy and fine to me .. could if be the drive shaft "holders" as i call them, that spin, could they be slipping? any fix for them?

Has this happened to anyone else! please helppp !!!

Sounds very much like internal diff gears are shot strip and replace them and either use diff oil or grease .. For information on how too refer to the manual ! Not a pleasant job for sure ! Just make sure you clean everything before you reassemble it and replace any broken parts like bearings and such ..

If it is the gears you need to replace them and the o rings and gasket if not they may leak ! Keep account where the gears mesh and any washers or shims are located.

Like said already I prefer to pay a few pound extra for the harden gears

Sounds very much like internal diff gears are shot strip and replace them and either use diff oil or grease .. For information on how too refer to the manual ! Not a pleasant job for sure ! Just make sure you clean everything before you reassemble it and replace any broken parts like bearings and such ..

If it is the gears you need to replace them and the o rings and gasket if not they may leak ! Keep account where the gears mesh and any washers or shims are located.

Like said already I prefer to pay a few pound extra for the harden gears

Its not pleasant but I found a quick and easy way to clean my diffs and it takes a bit of dishwashing soap, Q-Tips, and maybe an old toothbrush. Use the soap concentrated (pour it directly on the parts that need cleaning) use your fingers, Q-Tips and the toothbrush to work the soap in and clean all the bits, then just rinse the parts off with water (warm seems to work best). The soap acts as a degreaser (they use it on animals after oil spills and thats usually straight crude). You don't have to use any harsh chemicals like brake cleaner. Just be sure that you are thourough in your cleaning and you will be fine. Then refill the diffs with oil or grease and rebuild as mydoddy referred too (use the manual, it will show you) and you will be back up and running. And get the hardened gears if you can, seriously it makes a difference.