• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finsbury Park track

tezpellet

finsbury park  

13 members have voted

1. 1. what track would work for you in finsbury park ? (if possible)

• 1/10 electric on road track
    • 1/10 electric off road track
    • 1/10 nitro off road track
    • other (please state in thread)

evening all 

so due to the lack of places near me ive emailed harringay council today asking for a meeting with them to see if they would entertain the idea of some type of track for rc in the park. 

i want to get as much weight behind it as possible and looking for people to reinforce my argument in a few weeks, 

ive already mentioned it would be good for the local cafe and 308 holloway, and about the west london track http://www.wlrc.co.uk/ and how its near houses etc and if there was an issue with noise it would be shut by now (im guessing here) 

what id love to see is what peoples thoughts are and what track they would like to see there if it is possible

there is a prime location next to the skatepark and tennis courts at the moment which is doing nothing at all, so could be good there im guessing, 

any thoughts most welcome 

tez 

Edited by tezpellet

like your style dude...

when you say "track" does it have to be a circuit...or are you talking about an area of bumps and jumps plus loose surface... ?

I'd be happy to help if it was the latter ...so bashers could use it too

EDIT...

I voted "other"  :hahadance: ...nice open area with random features to keep it loose free and fun !

Edited by barnetbasher

like your style dude...

when you say "track" does it have to be a circuit...or are you talking about an area of bumps and jumps plus loose surface... ?

I'd be happy to help if it was the latter ...so bashers could use it too

EDIT...

I voted "other"  :hahadance: ...nice open area with random features to keep it loose free and fun !

this is what i want to know 

maybe something thats a bit like this, something thats sustainable, keeps it pretty much vandal free etc 

if it was astro etc it would last about 10 mins i think 

Personally...I'm not into barriers....it means nothing thats quick can really open up...

the 2nd two mins of the vid are more what I was thinking....

but ...tracks are popular so i guess the majority will pitch in....

You will find it hard mate, Hackney have a big issue with RC models being used in Finsbury park. They don't allow it at all.

There are signs around the park stating that RC models are forbidden from any part of the park.

I would love a 1/8th off road track though.

I live very close to the park, I'd be willing to help in any way I can but I feel its never going to happen.

Where are you from?

Edited by Mar_k

You will find it hard mate, Hackney have a big issue with RC models being used in Finsbury park. They don't allow it at all.

There are signs around the park stating that RC models are forbidden from any part of the park.

I would love a 1/8th off road track though.

I live very close to the park, I'd be willing to help in any way I can but I feel its never going to happen.

Where are you from?

hi mar_k 

interesting, ive been using the park for a few months and never been hassled at all and im there say 2 hours a time,

not seen any signs either, not saying there isnt though.

im just opposite the park and go over to test my cars before i hit the track at west mill,

all help welcome indeed, ill keep you updated,

There is a sign on the board right next to the area you mention, The board is next to the old tennis courts at the edge of the road where the entrance to the nature trail is, 

What side of the park you on? Rowley Gardens of Seven Sisters? 

I'm just up the top of Black Stock road, Highbury Barn.

Edited by Mar_k

Your not to far from me, That theater used to be known as devils play ground.

A young boy died in there and it got closed for about 10 year. opened a few years ago as the theater. 

Fixed my Pulse now, I was over Clissold park with it yesterday, Ran 3 tanks through it.

I might give finsbury a try later today.

great idea! i went for other as i have a 1/8th and want a 1/5th so all the 1/10 didnt fit! a track would be ok but i think jumps and a flat area, that way you could put cones out and make a track or just have a bashing area.

Mark and i got kicked out of epping forest the other day. the park warden said it was against the bylaws to use rc's but i checked and it only refers to planes so i need to get in tough with the council for their go ahead! will we have anywhere to go soon?

• 2 weeks later...

Would be a nice idea, finding it hard to locate a nice bashing spot without traveling miles.

As Tom (Delta-9) mentioned, thought we'd found a great place with Epping forest, but alas was not meant to be.

couple of points to consider

- noise/disturbance. 1 nitro haring up and down is ok, 2 just acceptable, 3 ear muffs! As for the 1/5 petrol mwhaha!

- unsightliness. yeah i know, it's an odd one but thought I throw it into the mix

- mixed usage. the council is more likely to go for a BMX track, why not combined the two?

for my vote - other as i run both 1/10 and 1/8

like mark says..

8th scale and above dont work on tracks...unless you drive like James May  :xd:

Even my 10th scale is too quick to give it the full beans on anything smaller than a really big open space

WTF are you talking about. I think you will find most 1/8th buggies are designed for the track and the purpose of racing. That goes for truggies too. Not driving them up trees or flat out across fields.

WTF are you talking about. I think you will find most 1/8th buggies are designed for the track and the purpose of racing. That goes for truggies too. Not driving them up trees or flat out across fields.

I believe the mention of me was in reference to the poll as there was no voting available for anything larger than 1/10.

And since I know at least 3 people who have replied who have 1/8 plus then a little 1/10 track isn't going to cut it.

Personally I'd like to see some sort of variation of this:

Whist I like bashing my RC's at say a bmx track, it's nice once in a while to come home and not spend

Ideal Mark,

RC tracks are of course great for racing etc....but for bashing...much more open space and interesting features are needed IMO..

and ragging up trees and across big fields is what a lot of people like doing  :tease:  Maybe I'll get a legal letter forfrom kyosho and Hong Nor forbidding me to misuse my RCs...but I'll keep on until that day arrives