• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

Ye most fit with 12mm wheel hexes, some need small washers for a good tight fit others don't, use 1/10 touring wheels 1/10 buggy wheels will be too big, I was thinking of trying 1/18 truck wheels on mine maybe from a maverick ion or similar

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Ye most fit with 12mm wheel hexes, some need small washers for a good tight fit others don't, use 1/10 touring wheels 1/10 buggy wheels will be too big

I have found 3mm + offset fit the best, the most recent set I have are 6mm offset and they are perfect they also make the car a little wider which helps. You can pick up 1/10 touring/drift wheels cheap on ebay I get mine from hong kong and no issues with them. Some will need a spacer as mentioned but I use a m3 washer, I normally have to use these on the shumacher wheels or if the hex is deep on the wheel and makes the wheel sit further on to the hex its self. I have also got the alloy hex's that use an allen grub screw to tighten then to the shaft I found I can position them slightly further out from the pin and gain a little extra that way.

• Like 1

Yeah they do as long as their 12mm hex :D

Edit: goddam iphone sorry this was already answered lol

Btw what charisma springs did you buy?

gt14b soft set of for front and rear.

What about tyre options with touring wheels?

I use road tyres, but rally block pattern will be ok for off road these are some on my mini 8

2012-09-21_200725_zps7b9561e4.jpg

A few of my selection of wheels

20130624_171506-1_zps68818f2e.jpg

Edited by silone74

Fastrax do a wheel and tyre combo rally block that are 12mm hex, I have not used them personally but they look ok.

My tyres are kyosho branded rally blocks but you can get similar style on ebay

Edited by silone74

Kyosho branded tyres on the mini 8 in the pic there fitted to 1/10 dished touring wheels the other set on the silver wheels are also kyosho tyres. I have seen a none branded version on ebay with a similar pattern, I am waiting on delivery of some rally style tyres at the moment but there not the block style from hong kong, I look through ebay at 1/10 wheels and find either sets or tyres that I can use on the wheels I have already, only once have I had a problem and that was a set that the foams had not been included with them.

Oops I had a crash lol this would be my reason to get alloy shocks on the back now ;), the motor is very good, it just gives from start to top end , it is on 19t pinion that I would say is max size you could fit without mods. Stock motor in my sons is on the 18t pinion, the new motor seemed to give performance through the full range a little control needed on take of or it would spin up, thats with 1/10 touring wheels and soft compound tyres so they won't be lasting too long. I would say this motor tops the stock one.

20140208_165226-1_zpsjjgcrdt2.jpg

Edited by silone74
  • Like 1

Just thought I would show the emb with body off, couldn't be bothered to shorten wires at the mo lol

20140216_162320_zpsdv36cwsp.jpg

To fit the esc I raised the body mounts by cutting the tab off of the bottom of the mount and used some m3 composite washers and a longer screw,I did this awhile ago but as I was in the shed I thought I would take some pics while I was there.

20140216_163010-1_zpshuzebgcy.jpg

just to show how high the body sits now front and back

20140216_164248_zpszc0rct94.jpg

20140216_164317_zpsmjlrthcv.jpg

Si

Edited by silone74
  • Like 1