• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder Tiger ST4 G3/MT4 G3/EB4 G3 Owners Thread

I thought about that but the mounting holes are just not far enough to get away with re-drilling when i compared them to the MT4 but i can use them on both the MT4 and my Trophy Truggy so either way the get used for sure 

So i just ordered a set for the hyper 7 runs the same diff so should mount fine so the SS is sorted 

It's a WIN my friend. Perfect fit  :thumbsup:

Before:

DSC_0028.jpg

And after:

DSC_0031.jpg

And two pics in the back yard ;)

DSC_0029.jpg DSC_0030.jpg 

You can also observe my rear shocks from asiatees ... they were for the hyper 7 120mm, they fit alright but I thought there were bigbores and I was wrong :( 

So I didn't even fit the front ones because of this. I found some on fleebay , the ansmann bigbores but no funds now so maybe next month... 

Don't forget i got some cash coming your way !!.. Don't know if its any good to you but i run my TT on pulse rear shocks there the same size as the MT4  shock's...

Them bumpers fit spot on going to give the MT4 a nice bit of extra protection !! How long did they take to come ? as i just ordered some for the SS ..

Hi there I am after some help I have a thunder tiger mt4 g3 as well but I have a problem It will not go into reverse I have a programme card for esc and it is set on no 2 which is forward reverse with brake but I get no reverse I have brake and forward and steering all ok any ideas will be great thanks

Hi there I am after some help I have a thunder tiger mt4 g3 as well but I have a problem It will not go into reverse I have a programme card for esc and it is set on no 2 which is forward reverse with brake but I get no reverse I have brake and forward and steering all ok any ideas will be great thanks

Yep mine does it from time to time but it's never just got stuck with forward and brake .. If it's new send it in to where you got it if not your either have to learn to live with it or get a new ESC  :shockingscary:

Have you tried to re-calibrate it ??   Have you checked your trims on the transmitter are set to the middle ? May just be a silly thing like this needs looking at ? 

No worriers try re calibrating it as well might just be the last guy never did or it might not register on your radio gear if your running your own !! worth a try and if it works its a free fix!!

Edited by mydoddy69

Easy it's only a few weeks old and only been run on grass and mud so far !! The other one got so badly worn on the rear it was struggling to hold the rear suspension pin holder on..Was thinking of doubling them up but the old one had a bend in it i never even knew was there so just binned it .. Not bad for almost 2 years old thou  :thumbsup:

Today I went out in the park with my daughter and took the truggy for a bit of fun as well.

All went well until I hit a huge puddle hidden by the grass and then the car became unresponsive...  took it home, cleaned it and discovered that the receiver is dead :( good thing nothing else was affected and I do have a spare receiver so the fun continues. It's always good to have spares at home... It would have been awesome if this bloody car was waterproof... 

Mine is just used plasti dip spray for the servo piece of cake to do and then  the rx and esc i used Corrosion X.. Placed a sticker on the back of the motor to keep the bearing sealed from water and added some plati dip to the motor plate bolts and anywhere that i thought water may get in .. Been in puddles and rain and most things bar a river or lake and always holds up just fine.. Every 8 months or so i treat all the electrics to a fresh coat of Corrosoin X