• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

May Bash 5/5/13 @ Crimdon

cybermenace

Carl,

what you done with my buy it now ?? strange thing i couln,t do a reserve price ?/ guess its yours for a fiver lol,

cheers Euan.

Sweet, i'll pick it up in 10 mins ;)

• Like 1

Shhhhhh, part timer, where's the wife anyway?

in bed why and i wont be out for a couple of weekends as ive got a wedding to go to and iam going away for the weekend again 

in bed why and i wont be out for a couple of weekends as ive got a wedding to go to and iam going away for the weekend again 

Was talking about Connor LOL

carl wont be selling or swapping the baja hes in love 

Still got love for the mut just need to find some cheap alloy rear arms

I have used mine on the losi but there supposed to be 100% breathable but I did get some higher temps but nothing to worry about , they did keep all the crap out though ..

Might just have to buy one whats a safe temperature to run ya motor?

As long as you can put your fingers on it for a good few seconds it should be ok ..

Or get a temp gun

stev when i ran my hobbywing the temps were around motor 70c   esc 35 and bats about 30c whick is spot on but the motor got upto that 70 quick as out where as the castle gets to about 55c motor esc the fan doesnt kick in till 150 never checked it as the esc temp but feels under 30 i guess but the  fans never come on yet and the bats are about 30 which is spot on ya just want everything nice and warm really but the motor will the main to watch as the cheaper ones seem to heat up quicker ive noticed and thats what the recone on the net to  also the fans on the esc are always on to on the cheaper version other than that there should be sweet ste anywhere from 50c to 90c buddy but the auto heat cut off on the esc is norm set to 80c and will just shut the car off when reachs that to cool down eh once it starts going over 100c thats when to worrie as if ya start getting to 130c ish ya start to demag the motor and lose power and just kill the motor in genral only thing ya will have to change ya throttle control as ya just need to be nice and smooth on the throttle dont keep bliping it like ya do with a nitro as this will cause heat to and also knock the drag brake off an ya will be fine just stay with the same ish gearing every one else has and ya will be fine i think a 17 or 18 pinion and job done also the covers are spot on like to keep the crap out and the also splash proof to just velco down velco come in the kit and there breathable to maybe they will keep a little heat in like a few degree c but thats nout if ya use a cut out shell to for nitro that will be better as thats what i use and the air flows fine like ya can always get a fan or some cooling fins for the motor if ya have any bother as there cheap to get and just zip tie on to but the speed these things go the air flys through the shell

stev when i ran my hobbywing the temps were around motor 70c   esc 35 and bats about 30c whick is spot on but the motor got upto that 70 quick as out where as the castle gets to about 55c motor esc the fan doesnt kick in till 150 never checked it as the esc temp but feels under 30 i guess but the  fans never come on yet and the bats are about 30 which is spot on ya just want everything nice and warm really but the motor will the main to watch as the cheaper ones seem to heat up quicker ive noticed and thats what the recone on the net to  also the fans on the esc are always on to on the cheaper version other than that there should be sweet ste anywhere from 50c to 90c buddy but the auto heat cut off on the esc is norm set to 80c and will just shut the car off when reachs that to cool down eh once it starts going over 100c thats when to worrie as if ya start getting to 130c ish ya start to demag the motor and lose power and just kill the motor in genral only thing ya will have to change ya throttle control as ya just need to be nice and smooth on the throttle dont keep bliping it like ya do with a nitro as this will cause heat to and also knock the drag brake off an ya will be fine just stay with the same ish gearing every one else has and ya will be fine i think a 17 or 18 pinion and job done also the covers are spot on like to keep the crap out and the also splash proof to just velco down velco come in the kit and there breathable to maybe they will keep a little heat in like a few degree c but thats nout if ya use a cut out shell to for nitro that will be better as thats what i use and the air flows fine like ya can always get a fan or some cooling fins for the motor if ya have any bother as there cheap to get and just zip tie on to but the speed these things go the air flys through the shell

Goodstuff mate av got a temp gun like so a can keep an eye on it a was guna order a 18T pinion just with a standard spur that should be fine mate, ya know these motor cooling fans are they any good? Seen some castle ones on the bay only cheap might be worth having and am guna order a cover  :thumbsup:

ive seen them but try ya motor first see what they like temp wise if they ok then i wouldnt bother as just uses more juice outta ya lipo to the cooling fins might be better like as they just tie on and catch the air and tranfer to the moto see what its like first run and go from there like but should be ok on 4s with right gearing