• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

how to you do a burn out in a rc nitro car or any tricks

cyclone pro

depends...

I found a good way to flp it constantly...

Turn the rear toe out.... so your tires are like this \ /

and you'll find it just tips - flips rolls when u steer to hard and too fast...

Fun in some ways !

Ziggy

Turn the rear toe out.... so your tires are like this \ /

and you'll find it just tips - flips rolls when u steer to hard and too fast...

ok..... :whistling:

to do a burnout you would need front brakes this would only be possible on a 2wd car and you would need to put the brakes on with a servo on a 3rd channel

plus would RC tyres actualy make a proper burnout anyway

they dont smoke, when i had my thundertiger it was in gear 2 with me lifting it gently off the floor and they just span but didnt smoke or anything...

True... they dont ....

How ever you can make a nice fake tread line :D

all yah gotta do is wash your wheels - then soak the tires in Black shoe polish :D before it dries - got WOT from idle and get some wheelspin and you should leave a track :D

I tried it with nitro... it make a wet patch on the floor...

Ziggy

I used to be able to doughnut my HPI nitro RS4.

Accelarate hard in a straight line, jam on the anchors in a straight line, just as your cars slows to a stop turn hard left or right then floor the throttle, hello doughnuts in a 4WD nitro car.

2wd better for donuts :D

Just steer at idle - then WOT from idle :D no problem :D

Ziggy

Any well tunned r/c car will do donuts from a rs4 to a savage I know they are HPI models but they are the big guns and all similiar spec trucks cars do the same.

BIG GUNS BABY

• 1 month later...

an other easy way 2 do dohnuts is putting touring wheels on a off road car on the rear and then accelerate real fast and it should then just slide right round and cant stop it from skidding but u will have no tread left on the tyre it is good fun but u have 2 be ready 2 stop it incase u have a accident with it

Burn outs

- worn tires + loose sand/gravel + WOT from idle it just sits there wheels spinning like mad trying to get grip :D

Or just to be sad :D stick just rims on :D

Ziggy

• 2 weeks later...

why bother? your just straining your engine, ruining your tyres etc. Show off properly by doing some high speed turns and get it tuned to do some hot straight line stuff.

why bother? your just straining your engine, ruining your tyres etc. Show off properly by doing some high speed turns and get it tuned to do some hot straight line stuff.

nope....

since there isnt any traction the engine isnt having to work no way near as hard to move the car

The power the engine emits is just going straight out via the wheels....

If u listen to when i do donuts, sure u need a burst of throttle to set it off.... but i can get mine to donut at a really low rev..... okay the spin motion is slower... but its a more controlled donut that way....

U got to remember it also depends on the gear ratio

my rush 56/13 really low mate.... + OS.18 cv-Rx + Bold tires

If u have a high gearing then sure u may have to get engine working before it'll slide

It just sits there like cheese on a toast :D

when certain controlles are applied eg no grip

Ziggy