• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

tuneing

revo nut

Try to lean the LSN in 1/16th turns, its very very sensitive.If this helps and your engine gets started,stop leaning the LSN and start tuning your engine from the HSN first because the HSN effects the LSN. The leaner the HSN the leaner the LSN will be. You should be able to idle for about 30 second before your engine dies and if you do the pinch test after tuning both needles and they are properly set, your engine should stop running after 3-5 seconds. The pinch test is done by pinching the fuel line around 2 cm from the nipple on the carb. 

Try to lean the LSN in 1/16th turns, its very very sensitive.If this helps and your engine gets started,stop leaning the LSN and start tuning your engine from the HSN first because the HSN effects the LSN. The leaner the HSN the leaner the LSN will be. You should be able to idle for about 30 second before your engine dies and if you do the pinch test after tuning both needles and they are properly set, your engine should stop running after 3-5 seconds. The pinch test is done by pinching the fuel line around 2 cm from the nipple on the carb. 

I do not mean to pick on you....but...

In my mind the "pinch test" is not all that accurate for gauging where the LSN should be...I always tune the needle so that the engine performs corrrectly.

For example- If we have fuel line with a larger bore then we have more fuel in it...the difference between running for 3 and 5 second is a massive ammount of diference in fuel used at idle speed.

No problem, and yes it isn't the most accurate way to do the fine tuning but it gives you a general idea of how the LSN is. For example If it shuts of instantly that gives you have an idea that it is way too lean. But for fine tuning I check for off the line power, smoke, bogging or not, and temps at idle.   :)