• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Intensive driving courses.

hazza1304

If you're talking about the fast track driving lessons then don't do it.

They only teach you the exact things you need to know to pass the test, nothing else. One person did it at my sixth form basically to pass before everyone else, and they were a shocking driver. No idea what to do at night or in anything other than ideal conditions. This led to three accidents while they were still at school. And they only passed by the skin of their teeth, something like 13 minors if I remember correctly.

Get a normal instructor and take normal lessons. You'll be a much better driver for it.

Edited by TiM!

Done it when I was 17 (many moons ago), its a lot to cram in, especially now these days. I'd only do it if you've got experience of driving. It may sound like a good deal but like I said its a lot to cram in a week or so. Do a few normal lessons and see what instructor says on your driving ability

if your talking of the week of intensive driving/practising for your test i would say yes as long as it don't cost to much

a friend did it and passed and he also seemed a lot more confident on the road than the usual once a week lesson

andy

:thumbsup:

Good driving takes time and practice, practice, practice! I'd say it's far too much to cram into a week unless you understand general car control from driving field/paddock cars.

It definitely does take time, although even after quite a bit of time spent you could still be crap like me :P

Intensive courses are the best way to do it in my opinion. :thumbsup: You get it all done and dusted in a week and find it impossible to pick up any bad habit's as it's all still freshly planted in your brain! I think doing one or two lessons a week is stupid as it allows you to pick up those bad habit's and forget what you've been taught the previous week.

Of course though, it all comes down to your ability. I'd been in 125cc shifter karts prior to learning to drive, so I found it very easy to get to grips with as I already knew about gear changes and clutch control. (Well, kinda as shifter karts have a hand clutch and only use it for first gear, but still :) )

In total I did four days of consecutive five hour lessons with my test on the fifth day. Passed with zero faults!.. That was five years ago now.. Christ! :o

my old man took me out in his wagon and drag and told me if you can drive this forward and backwards you will be able to drive anything 16 gear splitbox holly fu#k 1 hour per day but i did it and took 2 leasons then put in for me test passed 1st time flying colours not bragging guys just saying the more you do it the better you will be mate

john