• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

AXIAL EXO TERRA BUGGY OWNERS THREAD

Gaz!

in all fairness i dont know of any advantage of the piggy backs i just like the look of them lol

that is one big advantage tho on this buggy i think as it adds to the already amazing looks. 

having a look at the junfac ones and reading the bumf on the piggy back ones it basicly means you can stiffen or soften the damper very easily by turning a screw. 

tbh if they will go on easily ill be getting them if not the standard xd ones will do the job nicely. looking around im guessing i need the 103mm for the rear and the 93mm for the front?

exactly what i was thinking as alot the terra buggies iv looked at all seem very soft and rolley ( if thats even a word) think a set of badlands are in order as well . i need to stop already. dont get my buggy untill monday . ah well its either this or blow it on clothes for the mrs haha no what i prefer and what will get the most use out of

lol clothes are overated theres a post further back about tyres and wheels and they look nice and chunky and supposed to be grippy on grass etc and cheap about 2-3 pages back. hark at me should check the posts pmsl

• Like 1

no chance that's 3 cheers right there, he was clearly using it in accordance with the bashers code, if it isn't broken your not trying hard enough! Anyone that manages to light their rig on fire by having some fun with it deserves nothing less..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I wish that was the case although he was running it at a indoor carpet track and believes the steering arm rubbed against the softpack Lipo causing it to burst into flames. The Achilles heal on these models is trying to get the poxy battery in and out : (

dont supose anyone has any up grade shocks going do they?

I've got a complete rolling chassis without a shell/cage/centre diff cover/1 battery strap that I'm looking to break but no ally shocks. My mate tried to get some from the guy based in Asia on eBay although had sold out

I finally got round to installing some lighting in my exo today, yesterday I installed my rpm arms and alloy hubs front and rear. The light kit is from hobbyking and is the advanced kit which is $15 plus shipping, turn out to be a really nice light kit and imho much better value than the axial one. It can run up too 12 bulbs and comes with 2 x red and yellow 2 x blue and 6 x white, the controller and the wiring is all very neat and as a lucky coincidence it is an exact Fri inside the fuel tank of the rear interior trim on the exo :) I've only fitted the from lights so far as I don't have lenses for the rears but if I get some at some point I'll be doing it for sure..

Pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

I've been having a nose online for a buggy for Xmas and keep coming across the terra buggy. It looks great fun and a nice looking buggy too! What are the pros and cons to these? Ill be using mainly for fun, plenty of off roading to be done in the valleys I live in so I want to make the most out of it and get a good kit first. I've seen these for around

Right pics to follow but just gpt in after running my first pack through the exo.

One word

Amazing.

It came with a ezrun combo and this thing is rapid and on 2s I flipped it a good few times and nothing broke but I did loose a bolt for the steering ontp the hub.

This buggy handles so sweetly and looks even better running . Im going to enjpy this buggy alot.

• Like 1

I've been having a nose online for a buggy for Xmas and keep coming across the terra buggy. It looks great fun and a nice looking buggy too! What are the pros and cons to these? Ill be using mainly for fun, plenty of off roading to be done in the valleys I live in so I want to make the most out of it and get a good kit first. I've seen these for around

after another 3 packs run i can say this is such a fun buggy to drive and just keeps putting a smile on my face.

the car came with a full light kit so i will be fitting them tomorrow ready for a night run  :xd:

only thing i am missing is 1 of the two black parts for the battery strap. the part that the strap with the pin in clips onto to secure the battery. one has been ok for now but i want the 2nd one there. dont suppose anyone has a spare laying around do they?

tbh i am mighty impressed with the performance as well from a cheap combo it is running fantastic. want to get another set of body pannels as well as on these ones the paint hasnt stuck very well at all and is flacking in quite a few places. also like to put my wn touch on the shell.

few pics from after my last run tonight. ( excuse the mess she is in just kept running her no time for clean. thats tomorrows job  :yes: )

20130916_200751_zpsefee1832.jpg

20130916_200759_zps891f85e5.jpg

20130916_200818_zpsf9dac72f.jpg

20130916_200826_zpsbda197d6.jpg

20130916_200831_zps31c5d549.jpg

• Like 1

looking good andyrc just out of interest do you know what kv motor your running also the spur pinion combo? im having a change round and deciding what to go for

looking good andyrc just out of interest do you know what kv motor your running also the spur pinion combo? im having a change round and deciding what to go for

its the 4300kv motor mate and ill have to double check the spur pinion setup tomorrow for you. ill get a video as well to show what its like but for me and the type of driving i want it really is good. the guy i got the kit off said it wasnt very good but i dont think her ever ran it coz its mental

Will nano 6600 mah LiPo pack fit ?

im using turnigy nano tech 6000mah 2s and they fit well mate although i have trimmed the body post to allow battery to be changed easier

Edited by Andyrc