• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Cambridge Capital Park Bash!

JFS666

I have a marder that i want to get out and use, mainly want to make sure its running right, then i plan to sell it.

Finally have my real car sorted out and on the road, so i would be up for coming along if its still ok etc, or finding another local spot we could all use.

The back feild is now being built on so cannot be used. I'm going to say no 5th scales as they cause noticable damage to the grass and I dont want to be told we are no longer able to use Capital park.

1/8th and smaller are ok. I shall be getting a few dates lined up. hopefully starting again next month.

1/5th scales only cause 'noticable damage' if the ground is wet and driver of said vehicle is being over aggressive with the throttle otherwise I can't see any damage really being caused, you can easily cause as much visible damage with a 1/8th as you can with a 1/5th depending on the conditions

well there is the potetial for alot of damage to be done with 5th scale rc's and i want to minimize any impact on the area. Yes 8th scale nitro can cause damage but this has gone un noticed. the damage done last year by a baja has covered it's self up but it was easy to spot the damage for several months.

As for on road i was thinking about the Tesco carpark on a sunday evening. i would have my Hyper with road tyres for that and there could arrange there to be a few touring/ drift cars that people i know could bring.

i will still come down with it and give it a try ,you have to remember the baja is only 2wd and has a lot of power in them 2 wheels spining up and the losi 5ive being 4wd dont really spin up like the baja. when i was in canada for 6 years i had a 5ive and use to take it down the local parks and football grounds and didnt do any damage.

it will be a month befour i can use my losi any way only just got it and cant use it stock i have a long list of upgrades im going to do but the banker wont let me spend that much all in one go :(

but as i said when i have got it working i will bring it along and give it a try. i will still pop down when you guys do meet up with out my car for the time being just to check out your cars :)

I've torn the rugby pitch up a couple of times in Cambourne with my Baja, does leave some deep holes when wet from power sliding. Where is everyone meeting currently? Any on-road meet

you local to cambourne theres all ways loads of building going on here and lots of rough ground if you want to meet up at some point, roll on getting me losi working

I'd take the offer of snetterton but I have a daughter that could enter the world at any time and dont want to be away from the other half. after baby has been born i'm looking to get some dates set up for capital park tesco and some possible track trips as well hopefully get 3 events for every two months ish sorted

I'd take the offer of snetterton but I have a daughter that could enter the world at any time and dont want to be away from the other half. after baby has been born i'm looking to get some dates set up for capital park tesco and some possible track trips as well hopefully get 3 events for every two months ish sorted

Best of luck with the immanent arrival of the new born.

• 1 month later...

Hi, bit of a noob to the forum but have been on the lookout for others who RC around Cambridgeshire, I live in Over but would happily travel to meet up for a bit of RC fun! Just wondered if these meets still went on? I've got a couple of Tamiyas at the moment, both brushless and am just getting back into the hobby so need to buy new packs etc.. Also looking into the possibility of another Savage or maybe an 1/8 buggy. Anyway this park you speak of sounds great so if there's anything planned for the near future I'd love to come along.

Cheers Martin

I have been a little lapse with RC this year due to the birth of my first child two weeks ago and moving ome this weekend i will be starting to take my RC's out regularly again as soon as things settle down. i will still be i the Cherry Hinton area so Capital park will still be my local bash spot. there has been others that came along last year that have also moved home recently so once we are all ready to go then hopefully we will become more regular again.

For the chalk pits 4WD and 1/8th buggy sized tyres are my minimum recomendations due to the size of the holes and dips. plus anything with thin suspentions arms arn't likely to with stand more than 5 mins. things are going well we are all moved in and i shall be ordering some more fuel. once I am sorted then bashing will resume.

yer we try and stay to the end of the road near the bend as it's a little more out of the way and the grass over that side doesn't get used much so our inpact on the area is less. plus there are some trees for shade in the summer and a small bench to stand on.

• 4 months later...

Hello, just wandering if you are all still meeting up (or planning to soon) i am in the Cherry Hinton area and have recently got back into the RC hobby ( a lot of people are these days, strange). I have two nitro touring cars, both Kyosho, one for the car parks, one for the mud and grass. Also just got an HPI Wheely King that i am converting to a crawler/Trail truck. Wouldn't mind meeting up if there's a bash going on soon. Cheers.