• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything Savage XS

.AJ.

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking i might sell My XS just not using it :/. Im just fed up of getting the servo to work gone through 3 servos that have all died after 1 run and i just bought a new servo horn which doesn't fit either! Really annoying.... If anyones interested pm me with an offer. Its the SS Version and in pretty good condition with t-bones and hobbywing system

Not a great deal I wouldn't think, even as spares its not going to be entirely desirable because really they don't really break much..

I paid less than 200 for mine in absolute mint condition, never been outside and not even had a full pack through it.. Not that its anything like mint now, looks like its been through a mincer!

At the end of the day if you have gone through 3 servos and they only last one run then something is binding, either the saver, or the steering linkage, maybe when under acceleration load or turning load something is binding and stalling the servo..

Or as covered earlier the end points are too wide and it is trying to go past its physical limits when turning..

turned out it was just the endpoints as i was using same transmitter for my truggy so had to turn them way down.

Ahh, did I miss that somewhere?

Maybe a flysky or Spekky is in order :)

Do you mean you've stripped the threads out of the holes in the motor? If so the only option is to use larger screws and a tap and die set to recut the threads to a larger size. You'll probably also have to drill the holes on the motor plate out a bit too.

Or you could just buy a new motor.

Plenty of recommendations in this thread. I personally am still rocking the stock HPI 4000kv motor.

Can't you just move the motor round and use the next over set of holes?

Previous owner already did that, and stripped them too! If I wasn't so naive when I bought it I would have sent it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll try that, thanks for the suggestion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the pic in post 1969 it does not look like it will be possible due to the end cap fixing holes.. might just squeeze one in if you are lucky

Edited by Louise-Paisley

• 2 weeks later...