• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

gmade piggyback shocks

hi there, as you can see i dont do many posts on here... but thought it would be worth it for these...

this is the link so you can see a little more about how they work, as you can see they aren't a conventional piggyback system... but allow you to change the pressure inside the shock.. i thought it would be a great idea for changing the shock setup quickly, as i race it my sc10 on carpet, but don't want to have a carpet setup all the time...

heres how they are built

they go together well but take more time to build than normal shocks.. mainly because its a totally different way to build them..

photo333.jpg

photo222.jpg

photo111.jpg

as you can see they look great...

can't wait to give them a go...

what are your thoughts???

tom

well, just been out to test it out on the road...

and its handling very well!! very pleased so far. they might be leaking slightly around the shock shaft, but that could be because they slightly over full from building them(thats what im hoping) but the not as bad as the leakly old standard shocks...

with a slightly faster servo it would be almost perfect!

so great so far...

tom

• 3 weeks later...

Shocks look the nuts... Haven't really tested them out yet... But from running on road with front and rear roll bar the truck will does go well... You can get a really controllable slide with the setup..

Can't say anything about off road yet... But for the price I think you cannot do much better...

I watched the video on YouTube of the guy building one of these, I think it takes him about 6 minutes, so, mine arrived this morning and I sat down when I got home from work at 7 and here I still am 4 and a half hours later ! But, they are now complete and fitted, went for a quick spin out on the road, seem good so far, am racing this weekend hopefully if the weathers ok ! ( off road shortcourse 2wd ) so will let you know how I get on.

Ps the shocks look the absolute NUTS !

Will try an post a pic, but not to sure how off an iPad !

I watched the video on YouTube of the guy building one of these, I think it takes him about 6 minutes, so, mine arrived this morning and I sat down when I got home from work at 7 and here I still am 4 and a half hours later ! But, they are now complete and fitted, went for a quick spin out on the road, seem good so far, am racing this weekend hopefully if the weathers ok ! ( off road shortcourse 2wd ) so will let you know how I get on.

Ps the shocks look the absolute NUTS !

Will try an post a pic, but not to sure how off an iPad !

Mate, are you Ben from Adur?

just got these today for my slash and they are the dogs danglies!

stupidly smooth and the adjustments really work, shame the standard springs are a tad soft for me but hopefully losi springs fit

p4pb8380197.jpg

• 2 months later...

What's their delivery/postal charges like?

And how do I know what size I'd need should I order some for my Blitz? In the Blitz manual it just says 67-87mm (front) and 70-103mm (rear) I'd measure them by hand if I knew where to measure from and to :xd:

http://www.fusionhobbies.com/products/dampers-and-springs/3/2/20

• Like 1