• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MINKIN2s Baja Re-build - Updated 24/11//2012 (Jump to page 8)

MINKIN2

More Pics... It's almost there now, gonna try and turn the engine over on sunday :) Just need to sort the shell out and she'll be ready to bash.

BuildCar.jpg

BuildCar2.jpg

BuildCar3.jpg

BuildCar4.jpg

BuildCar5.jpg

I do have one concern however... The final drive seems rather noisy when rolling the car and I am finding it hard pin point whats happening? I don't know if it the natural noise of and ally crank casing compared to a plastic one or not, even though I checked every thing was meshed when I put it together. Hmmm?

Edited by MINKIN2

maybe post a vid if you can someone may know exactly what it is then buddy btw it looks absolutely great =p

Good idea mate, will get on it, cheers.

I am a little disappointed that I could not get the tires any cleaner though, but as they will be the first thing to get dirty when I run it I not worrying too much lol.

Can't think what could be catching though? I may need to whip it out again.

It's kinda ironic that this should happen after saying that I would not need to take out the diff as often as others :/

I did not strip the diff no, just swapped the case mate. Everything was meshed together nicely and greased. Will find out soon anyways.

Just playing with GIMP at the moment and trying to get some ideas for decals :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well it has been a while since I last updated. Been busy sorting a few things out.

The gearbox issue does appear to have been a meshing fault, not quite sure how but I stripped it down and rebuilt the box nad put it back together and it is all sweet now :)

Had it running through its first tanks and it appears to be running ok now. Just need to do some fine tuning I guess as it still has the same carb settings from when it was 23cc. Will need to see how it runs at top speed :)

The shell has been a complete disaster though, the paint splatter design I had in mind (and attempted) had so many runs in it that it turned into a mess as I tried to clean it up so I reluctantly had to change my idea.

It's still not perfect but better than it was. I need some decals

Buildshell.jpg

Well I have been thinking and decided that their is just too much white and it needs some more decals so I knocked this up in gimp... Still a work in progress

bajabanksybutterfiles.png

Just needs a little more work to soften the edges and I have just remembered that the butterflies need eroding. Still, gotta go out now, will do some more later

Well I have been thinking and decided that their is just too much white and it needs some more decals so I knocked this up in gimp... Still a work in progress

bajabanksybutterfiles.png

Just needs a little more work to soften the edges and I have just remembered that the butterflies need eroding. Still, gotta go out now, will do some more later

nice decal :)

This is an awesome read you really have gone back to basics and started from scratch its a shame couldn't go out today would of been nice to look at it in the flesh :) ill bring my new toy for you to have a look at next week won't be bashing it though

Edited by xnitrorc

nice decal :)

This is an awesome read you really have gone back to basics and started from scratch its a shame couldn't go out today would of been nice to look at it in the flesh :) ill bring my new toy for you to have a look at next week won't be bashing it though

Thanks mate, it has been one hell of a transformation. It always felt like the car was somebody elses (well it was 2nd hand anyway) but now I have my stamp on it, it is truly my own.

As you may have seen, shell has been a right mare. I'm liking the Banksy-esque motif at the moment, if it does not go on the car then I may use it as a sig? may have the tag line "Make Doughnuts not War" ;)

I can't wait to see the JQ mate, never having seen one before I am very intrigued to see what's inside them.

it is looking even better now just need to get mucky now

Cheers mate, It would have been dirty today but rained ceased play. I was ready for an outing :(

Thanks mate, it has been one hell of a transformation. It always felt like the car was somebody elses (well it was 2nd hand anyway) but now I have my stamp on it, it is truly my own.

As you may have seen, shell has been a right mare. I'm liking the Banksy-esque motif at the moment, if it does not go on the car then I may use it as a sig? may have the tag line "Make Doughnuts not War" ;)

I can't wait to see the JQ mate, never having seen one before I am very intrigued to see what's inside them.

Cheers mate, It would have been dirty today but rained ceased play. I was ready for an outing :(

you have done a great job buddy and fingers crossed we get to play next week, i was gutted about today tbh

It was a shame yeah, but now I can spend a few more days on the shell :)

Fingers crossed it can be sorted and finished once and for all this week

having built it from scratch and the work you put in you know every single part and own everything physically and mentally ive posted pics on rc4me will stick some on here as well the power in the alpha engine is outstanding and im still running it rich till its bedded in.

• Like 1