• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ansmann C.O.R.E SCT Build

Took it out for another tarmac test drive today with the different gearing (22T/80T). Both the ESC and motor were quite hot after about 15 mins. No idea how gearing works, so need to read up a bit on that. Also had my first breakage :(

Broke one of the front hub carriers at the turn buckle mounting hole after a little cartwheel. Bloody made of cheese :) I have some spares, but I think I may invest in alloy ones next month.

Had it out again on the Tarmac this morning. Managed to roll a few times while cornering :)

Here is a little fly by vid I took on my phone.

th_VID_20110611_095706.jpg

About 30 seconds after, I lost drive. After getting home and stripping the box, I found that the ball diff was loose and for some reason will not tighten. Fortunately I had a spare gearbox , which is also a lot smoother (old one used to bind in a certain spot).

I'm currently trying a 22T pinion with the standard 86T spur. The motor and ESC are still getting toasty though. Any suggestions with this? I need to drill some vent holes in the shell I think too.

Looks pretty fast, remember all those constant drag runs are going to push a motor/esc pretty hard and up the temps...in a race situation your on and off the throttle all the time.

Im currently still trying to build my CORE, I,ve had problems with hex heads stripping due to the holes in the chassis not being big enough thus putting extra strain on the bolts, Ansmann need to address this I have also had the same problem with the pinion, the grub screw hole wasn't tapped properly so the hex head stripped as I tried to wind it down onto the motor shaft......I want a replacement chassis and pinion but the problem I have is I cant remove the front and rear assemblies due to damaged bolts!!!! So I cant return the chassis to JE....

Funnily enough, I use the same driver :)

No, mine was fine. But I expect the reason they are so cheap is that quality control can suffer occasionally. Just ordered a chassis cover for it, so it will be ready for off road this weekend, weather permitting. So far, for the cost I like it. I may upgrade to a better model eventually. I was even considering trying Nitro.

Over try is on. It falls a bit short at the back, but curves round to cover the ESC and receiver, so it should stop about 80% of the stones and stuff :) Want to have a go off road this weekend now!

100_0277.jpg

Temps are going to go up with that on.....be carefull.

Over try is on. It falls a bit short at the back, but curves round to cover the ESC and receiver, so it should stop about 80% of the stones and stuff :) Want to have a go off road this weekend now!

100_0277.jpg

I was thinking about temps. I will run it and see what it's like. May end up having to cut some sort of vent in it, but them it totally defeats the point of it.

you could cut a hole and then put some mesh over it, you could buy a cheap sieve and use the netting off of that?? just an idea as that has REALLY small holes

While I'm still deciding the future of my CORE, I was thinking, is there any kits out there to convert this to 17mm hexes? The reason I ask is that I see lots of Slash's with 1/8 buggy wheels, and I like the look and price of the Nanda Block wheels & tyres. I'm also pretty sure they won't weigh as much as SCT wheels and tyres.

Any suggestions are welcome :)

• 1 year later...

I have a SC2, I have locked the diff and the slipper is tight. I run the 9T Leopard Combo, on 2s and 3S lipos, steel idler, just wants to wheelie and flip all the time, need new wheels too. However it doesnt corner, just rolls. :xd:

Edited by RCSimon

And for only 30 extra at modelsport you get the X2SC which has alu dampers, turnbuckles, Fibre-reinforced plastic and ball bearings all around.

Ups. Not any longer. Just bought the last one. :hahadance:

Edit:

Damn, They canceled the order since they had no more cars :shockingscary:

Edited by j_seyfarth

• 2 weeks later...