• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

TT-01/TL-01 Essential Upgrades/Hop-ups

Hpi_matrix_stock

Help - they "Orion Revolution V2 Element 19t Spec Motor" is no longer available to order, what would be a good alternative to this for about the same money? Will be partnering it with the Novak XRS Sport Reverse ESC.

EDIT: Ignore this - I read an earlier post.

Cheers,

gh.

Edited by GroundHog

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

so, looking at the TT01 next to my E10, they look suspisciously similar.... would the turnbuckles and adjustble arms fit do you reckon? whats the thread size on the ball thingies that go on the end of the turnbuckles? (the metal one that screws into the steering...) and how wide ar the adjustable arms where they hinge on the chassis?

thanks

Joe

• 1 month later...

Hello

new to this forum

i have the tt-01-xb pro

will the tt-01 chassis race bearing fit my chassis

if so

WHERE do i put the bearings as i have NO clue where they go

recently upgraded to a new 27T motor

will be altering the gearing, but dont know what spur n pinion gear i need for a bit more top speed....

any advise, pleaseee

its greatly appreciated!

also, what does this mean

Orion SV2 Method 13x2

Orion SV2 Method 15x2

is that a 13T & a 15T

or a 26T & 30T

i have no clueee, pleaaaaaseeee tell me WTF it means, as i just keep avoiding these motors coz i dont understand them, but they could be the better motor for my car

Bearings replace all the bushings on the car, basically most things that rotate in the car will need a bearing. Try and find an online manual and it will become obvious.

a 13x2 motor is 13T, yes. The lower the turns the faster the motor, you will need a suitable esc though if you just have the stock tamiya esc then it can only go down to 23T.

• 5 weeks later...
Bearings replace all the bushings on the car, basically most things that rotate in the car will need a bearing. Try and find an online manual and it will become obvious.

a 13x2 motor is 13T, yes. The lower the turns the faster the motor, you will need a suitable esc though if you just have the stock tamiya esc then it can only go down to 23T.

ahh since this post i learnt alot just from going to club meets & taking car apart

will be ordering the race bearings tommorow as i cant get them delivered for tommorow for my race :( unfortunatly

got new ESC and Receiver being delivered tommorow along with a "team orion 4500nimh" battery just incase lol

also got alloy propshaft

will be getting alloy drive cups, uprated shocks and probably graphite bathtub chassis bit?

• 1 month later...

I've upgraded my TT-01 with full ballraces, alloy prop shaft, Venom Fireball 13x2 motor with a Mtroniks RV11 ESC. Changed the pinion/spur to 25t/55t.

Been running it like this now for a couple of months with no problems and it really flies!!!

• 3 weeks later...
hi i recently upgraded my tt-01 with alluminuim propeller shaft and Reedy 27 turn motor ever since this i keep stripping spur gears dose anyone no how i can prevent this :helpsmilie:

Are you using the original tamiya pinion?

Edited by Hpi_matrix_stock

yes what pinion should i use and where can i get it????

its not just about the pinion

you have to make sure the gears are meshing correctly

if your using the standard spur gear in the standard bathtub chassis

then look @ this gear chart

tt01gearing.jpg

this will show you the SPUR & Pinions and where the screws should go to give you the correct meshing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, im new to here.

i've got a tt-01 with ballraces, oil shocks, 28t/55t gearing and various alloy bits. What would be the best motor to use with the stock esc? What's the limit of the stock esc?

btw i've locked the rear diff using the blu-tac method. any other worthwile mods? i'm considering drifting :helpsmilie:

Its a bit hazy with the ESC limit, Tamiya say its their Sport Tuned motor (23t) but some people have run as low as a 19t race motor without it going pop. A good race 27t will be a lot better than standard and won't make the ESC die.

For drifting, I'd lock the front diff too, and get an alloy centre propshaft if you haven't already got one.

Metal motor mount, Alu prop shaft, adjustable upper arms and drift tyres. You dont need anything else to drift, you've got a hell of a lot of drifting practice before any other upgrades make a difference.

Oh and make sure you lock the rear diff.

lol this must be about the 100th post on "How do I drift?"

lol this must be about the 100th post on "How do I drift?"

But i don't want to drift. i am happy as i am thanks!!! :D:D:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously i can drift on the gravel on my forecourt (can i say that?? not sayin i live in a big house or something. but i do have my very own carpark which is roughly 70ft X 40ft if not a lil more!!!)

i want the upgrades like the dog bones ( the bit that connects the wheel to the diff) etc etc.

Edited by iankemp

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there all! I have just purchased a used Baja King TL01b and am looking to modify it over the coming months.

Im very new to this but as there hasnt been a post for a while this year, I was wondering whether someone could provide me with the details of the best mods currently out on the market.

Could i have recommendatons for fastest motor and ESC combos as well as the best suspensions and ball racings currently out as well as any other mods you would recommend to enhance the speed/strength of the buggy?

Sorry for all the words!!

Tom

Welcome to the forum Tom!

Basics would be bearings and oil shocks. Have a poke around on eBay, its not going to make a great deal of difference for which bearings you get, so look for the cheapest ones :lol: About