• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy 3.5 conversion to E-Trophy Brushless

djr2096

Do you want hints on destroying tyres? 23/46 and 4S :lol:

Goes quickly before it has a paddy and trashes them tho :D

I usely run 4S in my buggy. must get a 23T pinion!:good:

Just be warned that it WILL run hot ;)

Keep an eye on your temps, even if you've got a fan capable of mincing squirrels :P

Mincing squirrels? Now that sounds as fun as poking badgers with spoons!

Must get myself a fan :good:

• 1 month later...

Two more upgreads for the E-Trophy :good:

She now has D8T Hubs & D8 big bore shocks!!

Top stuff! Gonna take her out for a spin tomorrow & see how she rolls :D

dsc00429mp.jpg

Edited by djr2096

Ok for thoughs asking what I used as a motor mount & if a D8 conversion kit would be better, here's a comparison pic for you to look at!

Ok on the left of the pic is the Kyosho MP9 mount I used. As you can see I had to make the mounting hole a little bit wider!!

For thoughs who are interested in useing a D8 mount or are indout it will fit, On the left side of the pic we see a D8 mount spacer that sits beneath the diff mount.

As you can see the screws mach up perfectly!!

dsc00430ig.jpg

While I was building my D8 I did try one of its diff mounts in my Trophy.

It fit!

So there you have it!! :good:

Edited by djr2096

Looks good :)Any idea where to get a clear shell from? Same as is in the first pic?

yep, Wheelspinmodels, ebay, JE Spears!!

Ok for thoughs asking what I used as a motor mount & if a D8 conversion kit would be better, here's a comparison pic for you to look at!

Ok on the left of the pic is the Kyosho MP9 mount I used. As you can see I had to make the mounting hole a little bit wider!!

For thoughs who are interested in useing a D8 mount or are indout it will fit, On the left side of the pic we see a D8 mount spacer that sits beneath the diff mount.

As you can see the screws mach up perfectly!!

dsc00430ig.jpg

While I was building my D8 I did try one of its diff mounts in my Trophy.

It fit!

So there you have it!! :good:

Surely you mean the D8 spacer is on the right :rofl: Either way I have a D8 mount on it's way , Thanks for the help :good:

Surely you mean the D8 spacer is on the right :rofl: Either way I have a D8 mount on it's way , Thanks for the help :good:

:rofl: I'm glad you saw it cause I didn't :rofl:

I'm not even going to edit it!!:lol:

Hey djr,Just wanted to know the measurements of the MP9 motor mount from the centre of each screwhole on the bottom of the chassis?I would really appreciate this as I am converting my pulse, like Mitman, only using a motor mount.ThanksP.S Great conversion btw ;)

Hey djr,Just wanted to know the measurements of the MP9 motor mount from the centre of each screwhole on the bottom of the chassis?I would really appreciate this as I am converting my pulse, like Mitman, only using a motor mount.ThanksP.S Great conversion btw ;)

Ok no problem. It mesures 23.27mm give or take point of a mm!

Good luck with your conversion & get a thread up. I for one would like to see you Pulse conversion!!

Edited by djr2096

Is there a part number for the d8 motor mount? Is it the same as the d8t and the vorza or are they different?

No Part number as the motor mount isn't a HPI/Hot Bodies sanctioned part!

Sorry if my questions seem a little harshe in response I've got two kids running around causing havoc here lol

Convvert them to electric , 240v works wonders :rofl:

Is there stock for this mount in the UK? Why not just buy the mount for the lightning stadium pro as it was made for this, I'm looking in to a cheaper option for the mount as shipping from the US sucks for the conversion kits.

I was told by the guy who's thread I was following that the Lightning stadium pro didn't fit as well as the MP9 one. So I went with the MP9 like he used. I didn't really question it as I wanted to play it safe at the time!

Lol kids are finally asleep, i'll have a search for the mp9 mount and grab that thanks. I'd rather get something that works than something I'm going to have to throw in the bin. :)

Ok but like I said, you are gonne have to make one of the centre diff holes wider. Get some pics up at some point. Would be good to see!!

You could use them but as I said & shown pictures on this thread, You have to make one of your diff holes wider!

The MP9 mount I used was noot a Kyosho sanctioned part!

They weren't out at the time I don't think!