• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Ever noticed your fuel going off? Bit of a head scratcher...

Yoshimoto

This has happened a couple of times this year-nitro going off-the last 1/2 a litre of a gallon is not the best and causes major tuning issues-it just will not run right...its usually over 2- 3 months of being carefully stored,the last remains are always poor-im just gonna label the older fuel dregs 'cleaner'  to be safe,the 1st time it happened it took me at least 30 minutes to suss out  :shockingscary:

Its been making a clean tune impossible-16th of a turn either way on the main needle is like too much or too little every time.

BOG WATER  :yucky: 

Yoshi

^^^^^

Same as coka cola if you crack the lid off 10x its flat wether you've had 10 swigs or 10 glasses lol.

I buy litre bottles then try to squeeze it so theres no air left in when i close it. The potent stuff evaporates but they say any open nitro goes off after two months. Keep it tho for cleaning engines and stuff.

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

On the flip side, I wonder if it depends on the brand? I recently finished off a 2 year old bottle of Byrons race gen and it was perfectly bashable with no tuning issues at all......it was in my Firestorm tho which has a fairly basic .18 engine.

• Like 1

I believe an engine is an engine-they all pretty much run on anything with some minor tweaking and perhaps a plug change-i mostly use RTR type engines so try to stick to a minimum 18% oil and 16%+ nitro and thats the only consideration when choosing it really other than price/value/availability.

Ive got some Tornado 20 to try if it stops raining and that should put my tuning issues to bed.

I hope so..i changed the main needle and valve last night to rule that out,its the only other thing i can think of-there was the smallest amount of wear half way up the tapered part of the needle-it only amounted to just more than the grey factory coating but something to consider.

oh...the sun is coming out... :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Yoshi

Edited by Yoshimoto