• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 billyupnorf

billyupnorf

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • RC Cars:Delta Lancia TT01E

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Hi guys, i am fairly new to the Rc cars, i only play with my twins boys on the front yard. I bought the Delta Lancia TT01E Last year from MSUK and it came as stock.

I would love your input on the upgrade options i have here,  I have already upgraded the Drive shaft, Dog bone axle and Bearing steering to the Hopup Aluminium.

I am now currently looking at getting a little more speed so the options i have seen on MSUK (within budget)

Hobbywing EZRUN Combo B9 - 5.5t 6000kV + 60A SL Waterproof (On-Road) @ £99 <- Would you recommend this and why

Also i would like to use the stock battery 7.2v and additional 11.1v

Many Thanks, look forward to your replies...

#2 Noj

Noj

Underwater Sugar Juggling Professional

• Gold Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,069 posts
  • RC Cars:2 x e-badgers, Losi 5ive T-E, S5 and a whole host of smaller ones

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

Did you fit a fit a full bearing kit as it is vital for longevity of parts.

Re the combo you linked to, I run HW kit on 2s in 2wd Tamiya without issue, on a 13t motor. 5.5t should be fine for the 4wd platform, tho you may need to play with pinion/spur gears to keep running temps down. I would recommend buying RW racing hardened steel pinions also for lipo use, the stock ones are very weak.

The ESC is lipo only, as stock, the fan will take 2s, but u need to swap it out for a bigger version to run 3s. Easy to program and set up. Bear in mind that the tamiya rally cars are meant to run at scale speeds, not set land speed records...
  • billyupnorf likes this

#3 NuttyProfessor

NuttyProfessor

MSUK Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts
  • RC Cars:XTM XT2e,Kyosho inferno VE,FTX Blaze 1/18, mardave V12, Tamiya TT01E and a Tamiya TL01

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

I wouldnt run a 5.5t in a TT01 even with upgrades, will flatten the spur and diff bevels within 2 runs. Id run a max of 9.5t for a good mix of speed and power geared to 23/58. Dont forget a good solid RW pinion.

#4 billyupnorf

billyupnorf

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

Thanks for your replies, I was looking at 13t motor but I think it's best to get a 8.5 high powerered now so if I did get a newer car I can use the motor. I haven't done a full bearing upgrade yet. I will need to do some research on that as I am not sure how it's done.

So going forth, I would need to do full bearing, pinion/spur 23/58 before adding the motor?

#5 NuttyProfessor

NuttyProfessor

MSUK Addict

• Members
  • 4,127 posts
  • RC Cars:XTM XT2e,Kyosho inferno VE,FTX Blaze 1/18, mardave V12, Tamiya TT01E and a Tamiya TL01

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Checklist:

Aluminium propeller shaft and cups
Full ballrace kit
Speed gear spur set
RW pinion
Aluminium motor mount.

More than ample then for a spanking.

#6 billyupnorf

billyupnorf

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 06:42 AM

Thanks nutty professor, car is fully ball raced & has the smallest pinion already installed (checked with msuk) as it's xbs. Drive shaft done last week, so ordered the mount and gone for the 8.5t ezrun motor. I'll let you guys know the outcome.

#7 NuttyProfessor

NuttyProfessor

MSUK Addict

• Members
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:28 AM

Pinion or Spur? Because it makes a massive difference to which one it is.

#8 billyupnorf

billyupnorf

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

I am still currently looking into the gears/spur along with battery. This is what I currently have http://www.modelspor...roduct_id=38310.

I am trying to work out if I will need lipo battery and charger. As for the gears I am not sure which setup to go with. This is the motor I have purchased http://www.modelspor...products/376987

Any recommendations is much appreciated

#9 NuttyProfessor

NuttyProfessor

MSUK Addict

• Members
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

I did actually say NOT to get the 5.5t combo, it will twist the ally prop shaft and wreak your gears. You better stock up on diff parts then, you will need them.

#10 billyupnorf

billyupnorf

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

I didn't go for the 5.5t went for the 8.5t as you recommended above,

#11 billyupnorf

billyupnorf

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Oh I see what you mean now, I had copy and pasted the wrong link above, I have definitely got the 8.5t

#12 BigBadJFly

BigBadJFly

Getting Started

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • RC Cars:M03 (x2), Sand Scorcher, TT01, Associated B44

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

have you got some better tyres yet? Better tyres are definitely needed with that combo

#13 NuttyProfessor

NuttyProfessor

MSUK Addict

• Members
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

HPI X Patterns are good.

#14 billyupnorf

billyupnorf

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

I only have the stock tyres that came with it, Looks good quality with good grip.

ovkh.jpg

I opened the car up a little more today and found the bearings are plastic, so i had changed the ones on either drive shaft,

i don't feel confident enough to opening the suspension area just incase i can't put it back together again,

ssk9.png

I also found the Spur (plastic) is 61T and pinion (metal) but not sure what size that is. 

obtv.jpg

And i believe i will need lipo 7.4v 2s Battery and charger as these will not work? am not sure if that true or not.

ourw.jpg

towj.jpg

I should have the Motor & Mount tomorrow so i will have a go at putting that in...

#15 NuttyProfessor

NuttyProfessor

MSUK Addict

• Members
  • 4,127 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 07:37 AM

Change all the bearings while you have it stripped, just note which way the diffs are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Modelsport UK