• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

78.8's Losi LST2.8

ooooo my god! stunning, no other words its just stunning

you must come to a sussex bash or i will have too make the trip to london too see this run it looks amazing

defo :good: or the next msuk meet up which is somewhere down south (?)

such a shame you couldnt make it today :( love the truck, wanted to see if fly!

ahh well... next time!

get well soon :)

Joe, I'm so gutted I didnt make it today...been ages since I've seen the NLB crew

LST2 is solid, 4mm screw upgrade & the New Ear roll bar have taken care of that. The dudes gear is something else, the motor mount is an amazing piece of engineering & the heatpress fit for the Single Speed hub love it. Used 3 bearings in the steering & rear knuckles.

Cant keep me away from the next NLB meet up :good:

Kind of, I could run as it is but want to..

find a way to mount the MMM off the chassis

change the shock screws to 4mm

rebuild diffs

cut down the gear cover

Edit - there is also a flip of the gears in the forward conversion, this is supposed to add a little on the top end :good:

Ordered some extended body post mounts today so I can run the ford 250 body

P1020755.jpg

P1020754.jpg

At the moment the shell just slides off the mounts due the roll bar

Edited by 78.8

I've been finding the front end of the LST2 (rx, battery tray, new era roll bar) quite tight on space. I've mounted the TRX rx box as square as I could and cut the lst2 rx box back to its mounts.

P1020794.jpg

TRX Stampede RX box, Losi battery tray, New Era Roll Bar (Blue). The New Era Roll Bar also adds strenght to the chassis.

Using one of the battery trays from the losi kit, I could only mount a certain way other wise I'd lose my strap fitting due to the new era roll bar. Still looking to get an RCMonster battery tray in the future though.

Steering Servo wires are in TRX rx box

Great p/s mesh with the dudes motor mount

P1020798.jpg

With a 4s 5000mah lipo, I've got around 1cm between lipo and new era bar the way it is - central on the chassis, or can slide the lipo down the battery tray to give a little more room - off centre.

(ignore the body posts lol)

P1020801.jpg

Hindesight, I should have probably mounted the TRX box at an angle so it wouldnt sit so close to the lipo. So far I'm happy with where the builds going, put on some weight though lol, with the added extras so will be looking to weigh the LST2 soon.

Still need to change the shock screws to 4mm and decide on the mounting of the MMM. Popular way seems to use a piece of cut lexan. My Gorilla Snawt is either still in the USA or in the UK - the seller from ebay has emailed me, so diffs still have grease in them for the time being.

MMM works fine after the corrosion x treatment. Followed Revo Madness thread

Edited by 78.8

Pure RC ****......looks absolutely fantastic buddy truly in awe.

Cheers Carl :good:

:4_1_72[1]: dam i miss this, its a totaly diffrent truck now but what a truck it is!

looks stunning dude, are you going all the way and fitting spi full offset alloy rims?

lol cheers Kris, not much left of the original LST2 I bought off you left now, finally getting there though.

No alloy rims for the moment, probably stick with the stock 40 sereies for a while :good:

Spi would look tiny on this! Its gotta have 40 series ;)big joes or moabs...

Spi rims on a savage yea... But lst is in another legue ;) especially this one!

Lol, I had made a deal with Josh for his moabs and axail rims, but he's off on an secret 007 assignment :P.

Damn Chris. Just Damn ohmy.gif

Cheers Andy :good:

Cant wait for the next bash with the LST2 now :D

I love those New Era rear hubs and front knuckles etc, been waiting to see some in the flesh but your pictures have covered that, methinks they will be the next upgrades for my Muggy, fantastic price for the quality you get and they look awesome on your LST, did you have any problems with fitting them??