• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Gran Turismo 5

joebh123

on anunrelated note, Saw one of those Mercs today (gull wing?)

:whistling:

As an honest opinion, I thought the graphics looks the same as (if not worse) than Forza 3 on a large HD TV. The cars were not as well detailed (although the interior of the SLS was more detailed than Forza). However the tracks (I played Nurburgring and Laguna Seca) were nothing like Forza - textures weren't as nice at all. The cars still felt a bit 'floaty' like in Prologue.

I said on the day I played it, that there was no way they could stick to their release date, even if I was playing an outdated version (I somehow doubt it considering they had at least 20-30 stands for it).

I'm sure I'll get abuse for this post but I'm not stretching the truth - I want the game to be as good as it should be. But right now, it needs at least 4 months more work.

On some cars. My Beef with the game, Other than the fact its about 23 years late, is Only 250 of the cars are scratch built, with Damage, perfect interiors, etc, The rest are simply GT4 cars polished up a little. This creates and inconsistancy, there are some cars on the game that have no interior view even possible? WTF!

I seriously think they have bitten off more than they can chew here. Yamauchi is expecting far too much with the team and timescale he has. He wants it to be perfect, IT simply cant be, IT will never be released to his standard. ITs getting to a stage now where the code has been edited and re written, mistakes are showing (Such as the recent freezing on 60 FPS) You must also question, Where are they getting the money to continually develp this game? Seriously, Alot rides on this game, But it surely cannot have a limitless budget?

From what I've seen, it visually looks STUNNING, But I cant help thinking that the game engine is way off, The cars dont look like they are on the ground, they appear to float? Obviously, withiout playing, Im more than likely wrong, But they definately "look" like they are floating

However, this made me lol

257kbba.gif

I genuinely think the PS3 as a console isn't able to support a PERFECT GT5.

It's turning into the "Delaystation 3" lol

Where are they getting the money????

easy. Polyphoney digital is in fact Sony, Kazanori, Ceo of polyphony digital. is also the second in command at Sony digital entertainment.

GT series also gets heavily sponsored by companeys like Rally art,mugen,trd,mopar,spoon,muse, etc GT probably has the biggest budget of anygame.#

Also how much do you think Nissan payed PD to develop and make the GTR's onboard computer display?

Or how much Citreon payed out for Kaz and his team to desighn the their concept car.

only 250 cars with interior veiw????

Their are over 900 cars with full scratch built model frames and interior veiw. 250 is the number of cars that have a fully functional 3D interior veiw. with others being available on the PSN network to download, as blue rays only have a cirtain ammount of space. (50-60gig on avarage)

GT5 could of been released 2 years ago. But in typical kaz fasion with new cars being released he kept it back, and has tried to make it the best game possible with as much content as they could get on it.

Who do you want a game made by. a bunch of spotty teenagers, payed by billgates, or a man who he himself is a proffessional racing driver on the side of being one of the best game desighners their is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think its to far off. I think it will be Q1 2011 :) seen alot of playtest of it an it looks fairly complete. i think the major delay is the 3D gimmick :lol: dont see how 3d will make it look any better when your constantly driving away from the screen :lol: 3d is ment to make things pop out lol

We will see been at least 18m late 2 yrs even

Make that more than 3 years, it was available as a pre-order in July 2007!!

Everyone knows when it does get here it will be the best GT without question, even those who have got fed up and slated sony and polyphony will buy it, of course they will.

Knowing my luck my copy wont work, like GT4, got it first thing in the morning and the bloody disc was duff!

i dont think its to far off. I think it will be Q1 2011 :) seen alot of playtest of it an it looks fairly complete. i think the major delay is the 3D gimmick :lol: dont see how 3d will make it look any better when your constantly driving away from the screen :lol: 3d is ment to make things pop out lol

Tried out the 3d. sat incar, of the tuned 370Z round the nordshliefe its stunning. the trees and bushes pop out at you, all the railings turn from just pixels into something that you realy dont want to hit. their was two guys crash infront of me down the mulsane straight (Le mans 24 hour track) and I actualy wanted to duck and steer out the way of the flying debries that came hurteling towards the windscreen. its awsome.

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest anyone who has a subscription to TG mag reads the article on GT5 in Decembers copy good.gif

Just some quotes:

"In the first Gran Turismo, a designer took a day to model a car," Kazunori says "In GT4, the same worker spent a month modelling the same car. In GT5 they require 6 months to do the same job"

That'll be five hundred man years to create the GT5 fleet, then.

"As long as you enter all the parameters for the mechanisms correctly," he [Kazunori] says, without a hint of overstatement, "the physics of the car will be created as is. It will behave as it should."

It is going to be epic good.gif

I suggest anyone who has a subscription to TG mag reads the article on GT5 in Decembers copy good.gif

It is going to be epic good.gif

WoW!

lol 'Guns, that cracked me up.

I have been waiting for this title to come out before buying a PS3.

Its been a long wait ...

All sources point that it'll either be here late November or Early December, Polyphonic & Sony have only confirmed that it will be out this of Christmas :)

I need to go pre-order me the special copy me thinks :)

game now have the boxes in store, they wouldnt do this if its not on the horizon

The local Game store has had them in for a good month or so even the limited edition version with the book, model car, usb stick and a couple of other things...retails at around

have had all previous gt's and can't wait for number 5

as for gt being better than forza hmm difficult 1 that

i love forza but i have a ps3 purely for gt5 can't wait

com on mister

oh and the top gear track this has been my favorite tv show ever

can't wait to start beating the stig"s lap times

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

cheers andy