• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

HPI Trophy Truggy and Buggy Owners Club!

henzy190

Well i took the plunge, the GT is no more (well no more than parts), long live the GTX-2, well GTX-1atm (ain't got the funds for a second engine just now), she's a full roller, all parts repaired/replaced, just needs the throttle linkages worked out aswell as the tank, turns out the GTX tanks are very slightly different from our lightning/trophy ones but, just another hurdle to climb over.

Ill show some pics tomorrow

Allan

1 hour ago, baja5bmad said:

Hi pug can you tell me what size fuel tank is on H.B lighting 2 sport. thanks

Your fuel tank is:

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=HBC8007-1 

Which is discontinued and replaced by 101014 from the Trophy 3.5.

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?partNo=101014

They actually look identical to each other and specs say the Trophy is a 160cc tank.

Edit: The 101014 tank is a direct fit on the sport 2.

Edited by dazp1976

8 hours ago, pug=309 said:

Well i took the plunge, the GT is no more (well no more than parts), long live the GTX-2, well GTX-1atm (ain't got the funds for a second engine just now), she's a full roller, all parts repaired/replaced, just needs the throttle linkages worked out aswell as the tank, turns out the GTX tanks are very slightly different from our lightning/trophy ones but, just another hurdle to climb over.

Ill show some pics tomorrow

Allan

Yep. GTX-2 is totally different and is discontinued with no replacement/updated part in place buddy.

https://hpiracing.world/en/part/HBC8007-2?show_disc=false

Quick question guys - are trophy 3.5 buggy rear springs the same size as the 4.6 truggy springs all round?

They are a little bit cheaper! 

11 minutes ago, Rory said:

Quick question guys - are trophy 3.5 buggy rear springs the same size as the 4.6 truggy springs all round?

They are a little bit cheaper! 

Same length but they are a TONNE softer than the Truggy ones. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dazp1976 said:

Same length but they are a TONNE softer than the Truggy ones. 

Im looking for new springs for my hotbodies GTX2 , I know that trophy truggy ones are the same size.  Thanks for that info, I dont want soft , I want a bit firmer than whats on it at the moment.

12 hours ago, dazp1976 said:

Yep. GTX-2 is totally different and is discontinued with no replacement/updated part in place buddy.

https://hpiracing.world/en/part/HBC8007-2?show_disc=false

Hey, yeah, the tank isn't really that different, but different enough not to fit.

While searching for potential replacement tanks, i remembered that it was mentioned above that the lightning/trophy series is a clone of a clone of a clone of a clone of a Kyosho inferno (which tank is a double for the gtx's), i came across a pic of a trophy buggies tank, and it has the angled top that i need, or atleast it looks like it dose,

can anyone confirm this please

101014_01.jpg

buggy tank thats angled at the top and bottom

101197_01.jpg

Truggy (the tank i have) squared off top and bottom

Now another question, hpi say the truggy tank is 150ml, with the visual look of the buggies one, will that be the same or less?

Here's the gtx as a roller.

WP_20160617_22_42_46_Pro1.jpg

Truggy chassis inside the gtx-2 chassis

WP_20160616_16_08_36_Pro1_1.jpg

Anyone looking for a truggy chassis :lol:

Allan

• Like 1

Well the Trophy has gone :( As much as I loved it the terrain and type of bashing I do was taking its toll so I fixed her up and sold her on.

I've had a Firestorm sat in my garage for months now in need of a few bits to get it running again, the order has now been placed so it will be coming out of hibernation very soon! I've also ordered my first Crawler, a Maverick Scout so that should open up some new bash spots.

Thanks for all the help with the Trophy and happy bashing :)

It was mostly dead when I stripped it down06ba821117bbd448f331444d4d2768d0.jpgive put new diff housing on and fitted original stearing assembly because it was all bent.

Think my esc has gone to heaven as well !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took mine out round the field. Nailed 16,000mah worth in 45mins (4x 5000's). Hot enough but within the safe zone. Blew 3 tyres off the rims, foams are pants on them ones :( so put the Gridirons on instead. It's not that quick tbh.

Might have lost interest a bit tho.

Only went out with it so the little un (7) could play with her friends there. Mrs don't like her going more than 50 meters from the house, (field is about 75) poor kiddie :lol:

Might have to try 100k in the center, still bleeding off at the front with 60k, still get a bit of lift at the front as well with the big bores on which drives me mad. Nowhere near as bad as the 4082 I had in but I've tried soft/hard shocks, low/high center diff. Give up with that one. The stock one handles loads better :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Sully said:

It was mostly dead when I stripped it down06ba821117bbd448f331444d4d2768d0.jpgive put new diff housing on and fitted original stearing assembly because it was all bent.

Think my esc has gone to heaven as well !

Those holders need a redesign imo so the front one is thicker and the rear one thinner. I didn't get on with my ally servo saver. The top & bottom parts kept locking together so the spring was useless. I'm using the ally bottom half with the plastic top half now, much better.

Did the motor mount survive the knock? check it isn't cracked (c***p cast stuff!! :ack:

Ats least I know those Hot Bodies hinge pins are strong :lol:

Yea your correct the front ones does need to be thicker, motor mount is fine, pins are now clean and shiny now

Accident prone my ass, evssv just doesn't know how to drive and used my car as a break and it broke.

Bash smash clean repair

13 minutes ago, Sully said:

Accident prone my ass, evssv just doesn't know how to drive and used my car as a break and it broke.

Bash smash clean repair

.......he may b correct this time...:whistling:...after all it was my first outing with the db ....:yes: