• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

help needed

davee

i baught a ansmann truggy and buggy kriptonite/vapor im trying to break them in before my son gets them christmas morning

the problem is i got very little inst with them can any one tell me were the carb csrew is as the onlt adjustible screw i can see is

on the air intake pipe any help would be great thanks.

If its the Ansmann engine the High Speed Needle is sticking up verticaly in a brass sleeve at the front of the pic. The Low Speed Needle is horizontal where the throttle linkeage joins the carb, back of pic and the Idle is the opposite side, this side of the pic (I think).

222000010_250.jpg

Edited by a-x-l-e

ok so i checked the g plugs ang tere ok

now the truggy wont start at all when i turn it upside down and pull it tere doesnt seem to be any fuel coming out of it

and the buggy wont start it did start and stopped tdc and now i cant even pull it i tapped the fly wheel loose a few times

but it wont go full circle by pulling it it just keeps getting stuck and then you have to tap it loose again please help!

also does anyone know were i would get the factory settongs for the carb ive messed around with it that much

im not sure if its at the right settings

Edited by davee

were is the lsn located the only screws i see is the one in the brass sleeve witch i think is the hsn

teres another screw on the far side were the throttle meets the engine

now i have one of them running but when i take the charger off most of the times it cuts out straight away

thanks for all the help lads!

It's not that unusual under the circumstances. You have a tight engine, runnign a rich micture and the weeather is cold. The glow plug charger shouldn't need to stay on for long once teh motor is broken in and tuned. Remember, your motor is running under far from optimal conditions right now!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi davee did you get it running in the end

i got my son a ansmann terrier run one tank of fuel through it, but now its very hard to start needs to be pre warm with hairdryer, got same problem as you only way to keep it running is to leave the glow starter in . every time i take it off it stops working new glow plug new glow starter.

hsn is 4 turns out or 8 half turns at this rate the pull start will snap

Hi davee did you get it running in the end

i got my son a ansmann terrier run one tank of fuel through it, but now its very hard to start needs to be pre warm with hairdryer, got same problem as you only way to keep it running is to leave the glow starter in . every time i take it off it stops working new glow plug new glow starter.

hsn is 4 turns out or 8 half turns at this rate the pull start will snap

i had to leave mine to be fixed it just wouldnt start at at all and the other ansmann i baught the pull cord snapped

and ive had to replace a dodgy servo all ready two of them i baught togheter and have had a lot of trouble with them

both ot these came from modelsport needles to say i will never buy anything off them again

Its not realy Modelsports fault M8. nitros are very fiddly things.

Pull start break easy, and because Ansman are budget kits. they tend to put cheaper servos in, just to keep the cost down.

Even my .28 SH engine got jammed up after the third tank of running it in. Once I got that unstuck the car was fine again.

In the manual for My engine It says if the car keeps cutting out to do the whole run in procces with the glow starter in. Or though once my engine was started I could take it straight off without a problem.

And realy on run in you shouldnt even touch the needles on the carb. maybe just a 1/16th turn on the idle screw to help the engine stay running.

enougher thing you could try to get them started is to take out the glow plug and put a very small amount of nitro fuel directly into the engine.

Also take the air filter off from the carb and make sure their is a 1mm gap with the car and transmitter turned on.