• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

motor and esc help

Lionel

Ive been out of the hobby for far too long and everything is new to me.I read and watched a lot so know a bit about modern RC electric.I decided to get a Absim Sherpa as it seamed best bang for buck,but Im already looking for up grades.First thing Im looking at to change is the motor.what would be a good sensored motor combo? I want low down torque and like the idea of the car maintaining the same slow speed without me increasing the throttle.

Next,it looks similar to the trx4 and scx10 so do any of the parts fit from these,I thinking bumpers, wheel weights,portal housings etc.

I would hold out for the R2 Axe system maybe as they have wider selection of motor kv, bigger cans and logging etc. The v1 axe system was solid but i feel the motors dont contain enough motor, Alternatively Castle have very smooth startup and can be further tweaked via power curve that the axe v1 / 1.1 system doesn't have. And they work with most sensored or sensorless motors that the Axe systems wont do.
The sherpa will not be parts compatible with the trx4, maybe a bumpers will fit with some cutting, but the portals for example are not even close to being similar so all the weights wouldnt fit imo.
You might be better off looking at heavyweight rims rather than portal weights at the moment, should give the same effect and be compatible with any truck you want to be heavy :D.
I would highly recommend these.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=432791

20 hours ago, Redback said:

I would hold out for the R2 Axe system maybe as they have wider selection of motor kv, bigger cans and logging etc. The v1 axe system was solid but i feel the motors dont contain enough motor, Alternatively Castle have very smooth startup and can be further tweaked via power curve that the axe v1 / 1.1 system doesn't have. And they work with most sensored or sensorless motors that the Axe systems wont do.
The sherpa will not be parts compatible with the trx4, maybe a bumpers will fit with some cutting, but the portals for example are not even close to being similar so all the weights wouldnt fit imo.
You might be better off looking at heavyweight rims rather than portal weights at the moment, should give the same effect and be compatible with any truck you want to be heavy :D.
I would highly recommend these.

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/index.php?product_id=432791

very useful,thanks