• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Light switch set up.

Hi All,

My truggy has lights on it (fitted by previous owner) they are plugged into Channel 3 on the Receiver but are on a permanent live feed so always on. I wanted them to be switched via the 3rd channel on my Transmitter so i bought an RC Light Switch from ebay.

It arrived yesterday and i plugged it all in as per the video on Youtube that the auction directed me too and it doesn't work, the lights do not even turn on, let alone switch on and off as i expected.

I messaged the seller and he told me that the switches only work with a 6v feed and as i am using 4s Li-Po's with 14.8v the switch will not work.

I was wondering how people get these switches working on their vehicles as i imagine a 6v feed would mean the vehicle would be extremely slow. if i want the lights to work, do i have to have them permanantly on? or is there a way to make the switch work with my set up?