• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

New project, Dom’s charger

Glenyboy

Having put this off for so long......I finally decided to bite the bullet and give it a go!

I used Tamiya black, was tempted to use the metallic but glad with my choice.

One of my biggest concerns was the inability to use chrome. I’d purchased some chrome paint, but heard once backed it’d turn silver.

But now I have the chrome pens, I’m going to try and mask it off and apply to the outside of the shell.

5837473487b1f9d0e524d223e6827e44.jpg

50984c4c46c6650ba3b896e15f49b098.jpg

• 1 month later...
Man that looks sweet [emoji106]

So you did the chrome with pens?? 

Thanks

Yes, unfortunately they have to be used on the outside of the shell. If you use them on the inner, they look a horrid silver colour.

I’d probably recommend a liquid mask, the Tamiya tape blead in a few places
  • Thanks 1

Looks perfect I saw the other day the fast furious crew actually brought vin diesel one of these cars as a gift. Imagine that as a works gift. 

Edited by RCbutcher
  • Like 1

Looks perfect I saw the other day the fast furious crew actually brought vin diesel one of these cars as a gift. Imagine that as a works gift. 

Thanks, I suppose it’s pennies to them, but can’t get sod all from my work!

I do love a muscle car, but as much as I tried to make it alike...the fast and furious car is a 1970. Kyosho make a 1970, which includes the chrome. Also I couldn’t get the hpi vintage wheels, which are just like the ones from the original.

This shell is a 1969 (dukes of hazard), by kamtec. And very basic in comparison to other shells, but for around £20 it’s to be expected