• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Supersavages Losi 5ive B

supersavage

Getting ready to strip this down and came across something I like the looks of a lot which is what appears to be a clamping style servo saver adjustment nut

mkyAlsO.jpg

I had a fair bit of grief with the one on my truck and it did cost me some decent finishes when I was racing as it would randomly decide to back itself off even when I used threadlock on it. Hopefully this will solve that problem. 

Went over the front and rear clips and had a major argument with the shocks (really hate doing shocks), filled the front diff with 30,000 oil and left what I believe is 5,000 in the rear. I'll be doing the centre tomorrow which will be filled with 60,000. Then the only thing I think I need to do is check all the links and the steering assembly and radio box. Oh and try to figure out the best way to get some airflow through it by drilling and cutting holes in the body. 

It's nearly ready just need a receiver and battery. 

ObUXxcm.jpg

I'll be taking a trip to MB next week as they would like to see the exhaust issues and it'd be nice to have a second pair of eyes look over it incase I missed something. I'm hoping I'll be able to pick up a receiver and possibly a battery while I'm there as well. 

Yep I have it however your engine has a Zenoah fan case not a Cy one (why does Losi have to be difficult with these things lol).  The gear mesh is fine it's just the insert that goes in the brace won't fit. I'm hoping I'll be able to find a button head screw and see if that will do the job otherwise I'll have to get some different inserts to try.