• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Basher Bad Bug 1/16th owners

Oh How Original

3 hours ago, capri-boy said:

@Bigjimknickers and other owners - how are you finding these with the 4500kv and 2s?  Mini me has almost built his and is looking at motor choices - the gool cheapo specials are back in stock in the UK - in 4500 and 3600 flavour.

Edited by Bigjimknickers
Talking poo

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, capri-boy said:

Guys -  @Bigjimknickers @Oh How Original @Andy20xe what did you do for pinions?  Stock one has 2mm shaft - I let mini me try to drill it out.... need a new one on 3.17mm.  I've loads of micro pinions but none smaller than 17t - prob a lot too high....

ta

My Dad put the pinion in his drill and used a file, it fits perfectly.

Not run it yet, he had a little trouble getting the mesh right with the pinion provided, but I think he might have sorted it.

I will report back anyway because if his runs good, I'm buying electrics for this other one and I'll put some pictures and stuff up of them both.

For now, he's still on the stock pinion, not sure what tooth it is I'm afraid, I'd guess around a 14ish.

29 minutes ago, Oh How Original said:

I knew it was smaller than 17 for sure, only glanced at the one on my Dads mind you, but yes 32dp is correct, I read the advert for them not an hour ago while trying and failing to find the Hellseeker MT shell.

Considering breaking down the spare so if you can't find one shout up.

Maiden run of my Dads little Bug.

I personally expected it to be faster, for the 3600kv combo on 2s, but I'd guess the internal gearing is quite low, so that might explain it.

Plus, over some better jumps, it should be more fun.

He's happy with it though, the video is just a quick highlight, we were only outside for 2 or 3 minutes because the weather was gloomy but as their doesn't seem to be much being uploaded for these, I thought I'd d it anyway.

This is running on this combo for anyone interested; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2838-3600KV-4P-Sensorless-Brushless-Motor-35A-ESC-fr-1-14-1-16-1-18-RC-Car-K7O7/282630864097?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

• Haha 1

Cheers for the vid :) 

Time to get mine running me thinks.

Going with the lc racing 4500kv motor and might even throw in the longer LC truggy can later as theres room :)

For now gonna borrow a HW 60w esc from myself and will get one of those poo ones off the bay later.

took Guns's comment on te fitting servo from HK as gospel and was a righteous fit :lol:  though imo it needs a side wall plate brace made up (will do one laters)

Shocks, leccy install and some paint I spose is all thats left for now.

Got a question though...  Has anyone found a suitable source for 32 pitch pinions with 3.175mm bore