• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

1/8th Brushless Monster Truck Choices.....

405er

2 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Not sure if that's comes as standard but both are now available as option parts I got both on order :P brace was £16 and slipper I think was £22 but I'll need to double check that .. Not bad considering that's about all it needs ^_^

hhmmm...I don't go much on 1/10th  brushless rc`s tbh.:yes:..but if it floats ur boat...go for it!:thumbsup:!

18 hours ago, mydoddy69 said:

Not sure if that's comes as standard but both are now available as option parts I got both on order :P brace was £16 and slipper I think was £22 but I'll need to double check that .. Not bad considering that's about all it needs ^_^

Oooo missed these - presumably parts for the new Sport plus.  Do you have p/n for the slipper?  It's the only thing that's put my off hammering mine to yet.

I do sometimes love these threads asking for advice, where you get a few owners talking about there experiences and then the OP just goes with what they prob initially wanted, often contrary to advice shared.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, capri-boy said:

Oooo missed these - presumably parts for the new Sport plus.  Do you have p/n for the slipper?  It's the only thing that's put my off hammering mine to yet.

I do sometimes love these threads asking for advice, where you get a few owners talking about there experiences and then the OP just goes with what they prob initially wanted, often contrary to advice shared.

Part numbers are in the Hobao MTe thread fella will power on eBay had them in stock ;) 

• Like 1

Not really had much votes for anything really, I have watched reviews etc online on all the trucks I mentioned and they all get bad reviews one way or another. I'm really not liking the hyper met. Nothing about it appeals to me. Wheels and shell look really cheap and tacky and the layout and gearbox doesn't look the best. Additional slipper is good just a shame it was an afterthought along with the brace.

The extra 70quid I can get a lst one of the most well known most durable rcs of all time. No one on the thread seems to of owned the new xxl2e as its quite a new model. Plus the waterproof side appeals to me 

Not really had much votes for anything really, I have watched reviews etc online on all the trucks I mentioned and they all get bad reviews one way or another. I'm really not liking the hyper met. Nothing about it appeals to me. Wheels and shell look really cheap and tacky and the layout and gearbox doesn't look the best. Additional slipper is good just a shame it was an afterthought along with the brace.

The extra 70quid I can get a lst one of the most well known most durable rcs of all time. No one on the thread seems to of owned the new xxl2e as its quite a new model. Plus the waterproof side appeals to me 

6 minutes ago, 405er said:

I have owned the lst xxl2e, sorry to burst your bubble but it's a pile of junk weak diffs crap slipper poor driveshafts terrible servo saver and mounts, esc falls apart motor mount is a nightmare battery tray is a joke I can go on and on fella trust me 

As for the MTe yep it's £70 cheaper but £200 better IMO ;) never had any problems with the gearbox and I beat the snot out if mine even without a slipper, aftermarket bits are required on most if not all so not really an issue IMO and you were thinking of a slash which is aftermarket heaven lol . 

The  reason you didn't get many votes IMO from your list is there not really that good other than the mt4 but that's discontinued now :( 

Happy hunting 

Sorry for all those posts my mac had a dickie fit lol. I appreciate your input but look at it from my point of view lol. I've seen reviews that say jst as bad things about the MTe, maybe they got a bad one ? Maybe you got a bad LST ? Who knows.

Maybe an xmaxx is a good idea after all lol

Im in the same boat looking for a 1/8th electric truck/truggy. After a lot of looking around its currently between the arrma kraton and the hobao hyper mt. The problem is theres a new hyper mt plus out very soon and looks amazing!. It also apparently addresses the faults of the original truck. hobao say its being shipped out to distributors end of this month so im keeping an eye on that!.

14 minutes ago, 330D said:

Im in the same boat looking for a 1/8th electric truck/truggy. After a lot of looking around its currently between the arrma kraton and the hobao hyper mt. The problem is theres a new hyper mt plus out very soon and looks amazing!. It also apparently addresses the faults of the original truck. hobao say its being shipped out to distributors end of this month so im keeping an eye on that!.

This is great news where did you here this from ? 

11 minutes ago, 405er said:

I've heard crap things about the arrma range from a local hobby shop. The new hyper mt will explain why theres very little stock in the uk then. 

What's the hobby shop ? 

Theres loads of stock in the uk of the current model not all dealers carry stock of every truck they sale instead they leave it sat in there suppliers warehouse it's common practise especially if your a small outlet. 

15 hours ago, 330D said:

Their fb page, theyre not giving much away at the mo but the truck looks a beaut!. Im guessing they dont wanna spread the word too much as it would ruin sales of the existing truck-

https://www.facebook.com/Hobaotaiwan

Ah so nothing confirmed as to what's actually going to be new under the shell or did I miss something ? 

Ive only seen the slipper and brace plus a few other bits offered as optional upgrades at the minute but you never know perhaps they've now included it ? 

1 hour ago, mydoddy69 said:

Ah so nothing confirmed as to what's actually going to be new under the shell or did I miss something ? 

Ive only seen the slipper and brace plus a few other bits offered as optional upgrades at the minute but you never know perhaps they've now included it ? 

I think they will have corrected/added just enough for the masses to buy it, but not too much for the sale of hop up parts to be effected!. Im defo interested though. 

I've got an Losi XXL(best of the LST trucks) proper brushless Losi signal speed conversion, runs well on 4s, mental on 6s, other than imperial nuts and bolts (get used to this) I love it... 

However,,I've reached the tipping point in terms of RC's.  One of the guys I bash with has first refusal on it, but if your interested, I will force him to make a decision.  It comes complete with 130 waterproof ESC and 1900kv motor, will provide a 4s LiPo to get you going.  Just needs RX and TX. Would want £300 plus postage and fees. 

Let me know if interested...

Edited by Carpmart