• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

[another] Hyper 7 brushless conversion

Yeah annoyingly :tease:

I would of nicked Capri-boys spare but you beat me to it

MFP isn't making new mounts until the July :(

Turned down a tasty 7.5 roller yesterday as no mount to convert (and a Hong Nor X1 CRT still to do!).

Jeff, when the combo arrives, and should the planets align, you could always have the new mount fitted in my 7 to tide you over.  It's been installed but not run as of yet - swapped out the absima one for it, as my 7 is out of action awaiting an esc and i'm enjoying running the X1 buggy atm.  That may change though as it's first track day is penciled in for next Tues, weather permitting.

• Like 1

Turned down a tasty 7.5 roller yesterday as no mount to convert (and a Hong Nor X1 CRT still to do!).

Jeff, when the combo arrives, and should the planets align, you could always have the new mount fitted in my 7 to tide you over.  It's been installed but not run as of yet - swapped out the absima one for it, as my 7 is out of action awaiting an esc and i'm enjoying running the X1 buggy atm.  That may change though as it's first track day is penciled in for next Tues, weather permitting.

I shall watch the skies ......... let me know dude :thumbsup:

So no battery tray :(

First time JE Models haven't delivered when stated so not too bad I guess.

Tonight will be spent stripping, degreasing and oiling the rear diff then re-assembling the whole chassis on a dry run.

Yh no doubt. As I say they have been bob on with all the other deliveries so we can allow them one day :)

Also have a mountain of work to be done before it's time to fit that so can crack on regardless

So baby steps at the moment. I can't start cutting wires until I know the final location of the ESC and orientation of the motor.

For now it's a bracket atop the centre diff to hold the Rx:

845236CF-2ABB-4682-A3C8-3DB1A1B629A5_zps

I need some M3 x 10mm dome head bolts to hold the bracket and allow clearance for the Rx though. The little 'nobble' on the end is for the aerial and will be drilled tonight.

I decided against stripping the rear diff as it's only roughly assembled for measurements and will be re-stripped at the end of the process for a thorough rebuild prior to it's first run.

Hoping for the battery tray today :)

So baby steps at the moment. I can't start cutting wires until I know the final location of the ESC and orientation of the motor.

For now it's a bracket atop the centre diff to hold the Rx:

845236CF-2ABB-4682-A3C8-3DB1A1B629A5_zps

I need some M3 x 10mm dome head bolts to hold the bracket and allow clearance for the Rx though. The little 'nobble' on the end is for the aerial and will be drilled tonight.

I decided against stripping the rear diff as it's only roughly assembled for measurements and will be re-stripped at the end of the process for a thorough rebuild prior to it's first run.

Hoping for the battery tray today :)

That's where I've put the esc on a few conversions.  I always tie-wrap it to the brace, with some cushioning material underneath as the flysky rx cases are quite weak.

That's where I've put the esc on a few conversions.  I always tie-wrap it to the brace, with some cushioning material underneath as the flysky rx cases are quite weak.

I have velcro on the underside of the Rx so I will either use that as a basic cushion or cut some high density foam I have to put there then cable tie it on :)

I have velcro on the underside of the Rx so I will either use that as a basic cushion or cut some high density foam I have to put there then cable tie it on :)

Good plan.  Whilst there not waterproof there pretty protected up there and mine, so far, haven't minded getting splashed on the ST Pro (which has WP servo / esc etc).

I am pondering the Corrosion X stuff for the ESC and the Rx as neither are waterproof.

I won't be using it is wet conditions but the odd puddle and snow run would be nice as an option.

So, postie has been and still no battery tray. Starting to look like it won't be arriving so I guess I will be making one this weekend.

I can't proceed without the tray and don't fancy losing two whole days of tinkering waiting until it arrives :(

So, postie has been and still no battery tray. Starting to look like it won't be arriving so I guess I will be making one this weekend.

I can't proceed without the tray and don't fancy losing two whole days of tinkering waiting until it arrives :(

Have you rung them to see if/when it was dispatched?

Have you rung them to see if/when it was dispatched?

Yep. Will be 1-3 days for delivery so hoping for arrival tomorrow or it's make one / find one locally

Yep. Will be 1-3 days for delivery so hoping for arrival tomorrow or it's make one / find one locally

Annoyance.  Had I thought on I could have posted you one with the mount, as always keep a spare.

Well another day and still no battery tray, very disappointed :(

Looks like I will be making one this weekend. I'm not sure I have enough raw materials though [either plastic or aluminum] so this could be an interesting design!

I may well end up modifying the HN one from the kit and fabricating an ESC mount.

Do you not get post on Saturdays

Would be a shame to hack up the HN kit

Not at work so it will be a Monday delivery and a wasted weekend.

It would be a shame to modify the HN kit but I am running out of options and I can't source a tray locally.

Ah man that sucks

I'm lucky as I'm at least a month away from getting bash ready, no doubting the urge to get it out though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yh :(

I need the tray to locate it all in order to shorten all the cables etc and complete the final build.

I'll make something up tonight and get cracking then use the other as a spare [if it ever arrives!] or on the Trophy conversion.

Yh :(

I need the tray to locate it all in order to shorten all the cables etc and complete the final build.

I'll make something up tonight and get cracking then use the other as a spare [if it ever arrives!] or on the Trophy conversion.

if ur waiting on losi tray. .jus look at my build thread and place ur esc were mine is and work from there. ...atleast ur not wasting time....its gonna b In the same position...jus depends which way round u place ur esc on the mount...once in place stick it down so it won't move n get on with ur wire routing/soldering ..then u can install it properly when u get ur tray...job done! !will save u time messing trying to fab one up...only to replace it ...... Edited by evssv

So no response from JE Models but the battery tray has finally arrived :)

Along with the capped wheel nuts and some stainless bolts I ordered late Friday [with free postage!].

So tonight is finally the night to get it all together :)

• Like 1

Happy days  :thumbsup:

What wheel nuts did you get ?

I'm looking for some red ones

Locking ones here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Answer-RC-Lightweight-Wheel-Nuts-1-0mm-1-25-mm-4pk-Red-Black-Multilisting-/161622559849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=460611105946&hash=item25a1748c69

You have to watch with the Hyper's as they have what's sometimes known as course thread.  Annoying as cheap chinese nuts are

Edited by capri-boy

Locking ones here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Answer-RC-Lightweight-Wheel-Nuts-1-0mm-1-25-mm-4pk-Red-Black-Multilisting-/161622559849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=460611105946&hash=item25a1748c69

You have to watch with the Hyper's as they have what's sometimes known as course thread.  Annoying as cheap chinese nuts are