• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Slash 4x4 RPM rear bumper issues

Hi all, 

Is it just me or does the rpm rear bumper sit too close to the stock slash body shells.  Seems that when mine jumps and lands on the rear the bumper is actually slightly under the rear of the shell causing it to start splitting at the back?  this isn't me making the mounting holes in the wrong place as this one came as a pre drilled and pre painted traxxas shell. 

If i remember when i had the stock rear bumper on, it sat a good half inch from the back of the shell stopping the shell hitting the ground and flexing etc.  

Does anyone have a different shell with the rpm bumper that may be a little shorter they can suggest?  Otherwise i will just go back to stock rear bumpers.  

Thanks

The bumper shouldn't be under the shell, it sits just outside the stock shell. I've never experienced the problems you're getting, have you double checked that everything is fitted correctly? I remember when I fitted mine I had to remove it again as I'd fitted one of the parts back to front.

This is how mine looked with the stock shell:

FC08998A-F643-4A5C-B445-157E69C3290E_zps

I now run the ProLine Raptor - the bumper is still close but no chance of it going under the shell:

93913171-47EC-4463-992F-DCD5F785635C_zps

Hope this helps :)

Edited by James1986

Thanks for the info.  The back bumper seems to have a little movement in it.  If i pull it downwards it sits in the correct position behind the shell.  On impact i think it just pushes up a small amount and this mean the very back of the shell takes the impact on landing too.  

By look at the photos, you have tape on yours in the places where mine is starting to crack as a result of the bumper having play in it.  Maybe i should get a new bumper.  I have tightened it up but its still not solid.  I will try and get a pic when i next get it out. 

Thanks again.