• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

first time flyer and wrecked it on 1st flight :'(

my first 2 planes went straight up then straight down, but as they where cheap 1400mm foamys they where easy to fix, this taught me a lot I learned how to set my cg properly and my travel limits on my ail, elev and rudder. I also bought a flight sim and have never looked back since. buy cheap foamys until you can fly the pants of them, then move up, never buy small as they fly crap. I know fly a topflight fw-190 with dle 55ra and my new great planes escapade mx dle 35 ra as my go to planes I have several others and love the excitement of such large powerfull planes tearing it up. but crash your cheap foamys to save youself a fortune in the future my FW-190 has cost me about

Well I looked at it today and placed a roll of gaffer tape next to it and its all good just need a micro servo and horn which I have so test flight #2 is on the cards. Bent the prop shaft quite bad but all good now too. I will get a pic up

The first write-off is always the hardest to swallow! Sorry dude. As previously recommended, grab yourself an AXN floater jet off hobbyking. It's brilliant for learning the ropes and can even do aerobatics once you've a little more skill :thumbsup:

Yeah I gave it full beans in hope to lift it back up but major fail lol. Iv gaffer taped it up and seams solid so when I get chance ill try again

I did the same with my apprentice mate but it didnt do as much damage, full bollocks into the ground but all it damaged was the engine mount and the engine cowl wuick lucky really.

I fly my super cub now alot easier to fly especially with the SAFE technology which makes me look very good at flying, the only thing is though when i feel i can manage without the safe tech it will always be in the back of my head when flying a plane without it that i dont have it......

she just needs a bit o lollypop stick and glue work , thats our best and first line of defensive repairs.

just because a machine gets stuffed dont mean its out, i have a 24 inch wing pure 3d aerobatic

it took a knife edge flight a tad to low, it hooked the lower wingtip and tore the whole wing out of the fuse

a couple lollypop sticks some glue expoxy, and its still able to fly now. 

thats a whole wing. full wing sheared of the mounting points ( bolted in place with 5mm thread bolts )