• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

spotting fake castle 2650kv.

RCbutcher

Makes the ones people have commented on previously fake then.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Castle-Creations-Neu-Castle-1512-1Y-1-8-Brushless-Motor-2650kV-HOT-SALE-GO-/261740274162?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf0efa1f2

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Free-shipping-worldwide-Neu-Castle-1512-1Y-1-8-Brushless-Motor-2650kV-1-8-Buggy-/261762482459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cf242811b

Interesting to note that pretty much all the negatives and neutrals for the second link/seller are all related to "Castle" motors

Edited by smeghead28

Castle confirmed ther fakes apparently, I read it on a urc thread where I got the link to the spot the difference pics lol. 

Here's the thread.

http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219667&page=2

Edited by RCbutcher

yeah its sad when the chinese etc etc fake a good product. 

Best way to spot a fake motor ? ,.... DONT buy one from ebay , goto castle creations website and find your nearest castle retailer.

if you pay good money you will get the original product.

dont think they will have already seen posts like this and started to re-design the boxes so they look more real/original to.

when i see the price at 39.99 like 40 quid , it was right away a rip off to me. i know a castle motor will cost like double to treble that 

Who's to say that a fake ain't being sold at the original price? How many thousands of people across this planet have bought fake at the original's price thinking they were buying the true article? Who knows......

• Like 1

clone a good chinese brand and they jump on you.

notice the engraved parts on the can itself the id numbers  they are wrong way up.

larger more bulked wire tunnel ( nothing like original, and same as above) 

wire you can get your name printed to wire, you can have whatever you need printed to the outer wire casing

its just a emailed file . theres very obvious differences. 

CLONE means an exact copy , problem lays with that term and exact copy, you cant say those  hooky motors are.

yes they look like a castle , yes they branded castle, but lots of companys are named castle etc etc.

its just the way it goes, even us military got stung with clone/copied chips n likes

it happens in everything that can be sold, be it your babys powder milk , to state of the art drugs and electronics.

The military got conned with fake bomb detectors.........

People that think that something is original because they paid the RRP? Don't always work that way :)

Ah well, as long as people take the time to spot a fake, saves the billy big balls routine :D

clone a good chinese brand and they jump on you.

notice the engraved parts on the can itself the id numbers  they are wrong way up.

larger more bulked wire tunnel ( nothing like original, and same as above) 

wire you can get your name printed to wire, you can have whatever you need printed to the outer wire casing

its just a emailed file . theres very obvious differences. 

CLONE means an exact copy , problem lays with that term and exact copy, you cant say those  hooky motors are.

yes they look like a castle , yes they branded castle, but lots of companys are named castle etc etc.

its just the way it goes, even us military got stung with clone/copied chips n likes

it happens in everything that can be sold, be it your babys powder milk , to state of the art drugs and electronics.

I think the guy with the photo's is just plain wrong. It's just older versions and items split from combo's like the Mamba. Take a look at images for older motors. 2009 here or here, old box design, motor printing upside down and the fonts different to current version, no temp rating on cables, bulked wire tunnel. Take a look at official US Castle dealer http://www.amain.com/, all images are of the so called 'fake' design. Look at the comma position in the 60 , 000 on the new ones.

I have a 2200kv 1515 from the HK seller and it's genuine.  Printing is correct, correct cables, smaller wire support etc. All as it should be. In fact just checked and it's identical to a 1717 special from a Traxxas X0-1, that can't be a fake. Dude's got paranoia issues.

kitcbr091.jpg

kitcbr099.jpg

kitcbr0911.jpg

kitcbr097.jpg

neucastle5.jpg

Capture_zpsgjmwgv53.jpg

20150317_132702_zpsgbegx2iy.jpg

2015-04-18%2016.55.39_zpsqfvp2kwu.jpg

Edited by fornowagain

I think the guy with the photo's is just plain wrong. It's just older versions and items split from combo's like the Mamba. Take a look at images for older motors. 2009 here or here, old box design, motor printing upside down and the fonts different to current version, no temp rating on cables, bulked wire tunnel. Take a look at official US Castle dealer http://www.amain.com/, all images are of the so called 'fake' design. Look at the comma position in the 60 , 000 on the new ones.

I have a 2200kv 1515 from the HK seller and it's genuine. Printing is correct, correct cables, smaller wire support etc. All as it should be. In fact just checked and it's identical to a 1717 special from a Traxxas X0-1, that can't be a fake. Dude's got paranoia issues.

kitcbr091.jpg

kitcbr099.jpg

kitcbr0911.jpg

kitcbr097.jpg

neucastle5.jpg

Capture_zpsgjmwgv53.jpg

20150317_132702_zpsgbegx2iy.jpg

2015-04-18%2016.55.39_zpsqfvp2kwu.jpg

Got a link to the 1717 Chinese version ? Wouldn't mind being a slave for that lol