• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

South Bristol - Bashing locations

Hoggins

Hi All,

Quite new to the RC scene, or rather, back into it after a 20 year break! :)  Looking for advice on any good locations that people use, preferably south Bristol, for bashing and messing about?? Ideally something a little 'off road'?

Cheers,

Hoggins

Edited by Hoggins

And.... I clearly diddnt know how to use that search function. Like an Idiot.

Having now figured out how to use my keyboard, think I'll be off to Wick (BMX Track) later this avo!

we try to ggo out most wk ends it ain't raining...lol...not many then!!..I'll give u a shout nx time we go....there's quite a few good bmx tracks we go to..wick..long well green...Shirehampton....there's a new one at Arnos Vale park. .

Cool - Hopefully I'll be along for the next one.... Once the replacement parts have arrived*, and I've had chance to repair the weekends damage!! :(  I'd forgotten the joys of RC ownership, and the amount of time I should prepare for repairs vs time on the road... Although as an Alfa owner, I should be used to this! :)

*Snapped the chassis / frame on my Stampede following a VERY bad landing on its nose... New bits on order, including a new bumper / skidplate as well... and Driveshaft, managed to bend that and snap the gear into the driveshaft.... Did I mention it was a bad landing?

** And maybe fried the ESC on my Big Foot - Tamiya 104BK constantly flashing ***-***-***-*** since Sunday - Diddnt get 'bashed' but it did start to rain, I think I've been VERY unlucky and maybe got some water in the ESC... will try and reconfigure it when I get a moment, could do without shelling out on a new ESC too!!!

That's sum bad luck there matey!..lol..yeah u gota factor in spanner time to this hobby...especially if u got more then one rc...or drive a alfa!!...lovely looking cars....but as much parts back up as nitrotek! !!..lol!!...I'll post up this wk end if we go out...

Edited by evssv

Cool - Hopefully I'll be along for the next one.... Once the replacement parts have arrived*, and I've had chance to repair the weekends damage!! :( I'd forgotten the joys of RC ownership, and the amount of time I should prepare for repairs vs time on the road... Although as an Alfa owner, I should be used to this! :)

*Snapped the chassis / frame on my Stampede following a VERY bad landing on its nose... New bits on order, including a new bumper / skidplate as well... and Driveshaft, managed to bend that and snap the gear into the driveshaft.... Did I mention it was a bad landing?

** And maybe fried the ESC on my Big Foot - Tamiya 104BK constantly flashing ***-***-***-*** since Sunday - Diddnt get 'bashed' but it did start to rain, I think I've been VERY unlucky and maybe got some water in the ESC... will try and reconfigure it when I get a moment, could do without shelling out on a new ESC too!!!

Another Stampede owner!, excellent! We will definitely have to meet up.

As for new ESC's, don't even go there!

Edited by tingtong333

Oh, is there still much there? TBH, since the cinema opened up, I assumed that was all closed off? Years back, my mate used to fly his RC plane around there (Yes, I am showing my age a bit!)

yeah still loads of space over there....bit boring as it's mainly flat but if there's a few of u it's not to bad. ..there's a skate park but it's normally rammed with bmx bandit/scooter crew. .lol...unless the weathers crap...I'm only 2 mins from there aswell