• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Kyosho Inferno Neo 2.0 Thread

Gwigga

Mines on order now. RTR should really include a metal detector huh XD

Forgot some fuel line and still unsure if theres a fuel filter fitted to the tank so went back for some bits this morning along with some blue threadlock!

EDIT: also saw something abut this and always being the left hand side due to the direction of the thread so time to hunt matching blue reverse thread nuts I guess lol

Ordered myself a fuel filter this morning along with some more wheel nuts

Once nipped up ....the wheels should settle in and stay put. Just check them nice and often.

For grassy grip...try these:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/nanda-racing-1-8th-nanda-block-tyres-on-black-dish-wheels-x-2/rc-car-products/32603

My current Kyosho .... it's no buggy, but it is fun to drive. Wouldn;t sell it either :)

de3cdcb1b271671106bbcbd00049ba36_zpsf47f

• Like 2

I've just pulled apart all my diffs to fill and I'm shocked there's only 2 spider gears in each diff considering the weight of the St

I don't fancy running it like this so I've just ordered more shafts and diff sets that's some cost cutting that lol

Finally Arrived.

Broke it already lol The pull start takes forever to return, nm I thought just don't pull hard on it with a flooded engine, don't pull it too far and let it return before pulling again. Now it's locked tight about 15cm out. Pfft. So didn't even get to break it in, sigh.

01hDvIc.jpg

Finally Arrived.

Broke it already lol The pull start takes forever to return, nm I thought just don't pull hard on it with a flooded engine, don't pull it too far and let it return before pulling again. Now it's locked tight about 15cm out. Pfft. So didn't even get to break it in, sigh.

01hDvIc.jpg

Look underneath and find the fly wheel and rotate it, it will whip the pull start back in, be careful though as i sliced my fingers to shreds

Edited by Gwigga

I've just pulled apart all my diffs to fill and I'm shocked there's only 2 spider gears in each diff considering the weight of the St

I don't fancy running it like this so I've just ordered more shafts and diff sets that's some cost cutting that lol

As a rule the grease filled diffs run 2 gears and the oil filled 4 gears!

Look underneath and find the fly wheel and rotate it, it will whip the pull start back in, be careful though as i sliced my fingers to shreds

If its flooded and compression locked undo the glow plug and then free the engine, then try again.

Yeah tried that but it doesn't help. I'm calling DOA pullstart as it wasn't retracting properly from the start.

When engine is tight and no fuel gone through its normal!!

As a rule the grease filled diffs run 2 gears and the oil filled 4 gears!

I've never come across it before and I've stripped enough diffs down greased and oiled

If its flooded and compression locked undo the glow plug and then free the engine, then try again.

When engine is tight and no fuel gone through its normal!!

Yeah tried this, the thing is locked solid. I can rotate the flywheel fine*, moves freely hits tight point as cylinder rises then becomes free again but it has no effect on the pullstart.

*Excluding death by paper cuts to fingers, damn that things sharp lol

Yeah I did a double cut on on my finger and it bled ..... A lot

On another note if ordering more wheel nuts as I lost one of mine, get the mp9 ones as the have nylon in the threads so assume will be better.... I hope

The pull start on mine isn't the quickest retracting.. It gets easier though

Did you buy the fuel filter extra?

And why the fuel tube round the heat sink on the headache?

Edited by Gwigga

On another note if ordering more wheel nuts as I lost one of mine, get the mp9 ones as the have nylon in the threads so assume will be better.... I hope

Yup got the fuel filter extra, though I just flipped it (and the tubing it's fitted to) round so it stays out the way of the throttle servo better. The fuel pipe on the heatsink is attached with zipties and prevents damage to the heatsink when your car goes upside down (note I did not say IF lol)

• Like 1

Getting seriously narked off with mine now. Really hard to get it to start made nightmarish because the pull start string keeps coming out a slot on the spool (not the gap between both pieces) and snagging in the engine. Why would you put a gap on the thing for this to happen???

zMmGyFn.jpg

Edited by Karl Hungus

yup wan't helping. Not sure if it's becuase I was starting with 25% fuel. But anyway squirt into the glow plug hole and away it went. Now I have wheel rotation in the idle position (started about half a tank through and only slowish) so off to google and fix this before continuing.

Sure is a rollercoaster of pits of despair and highs of problem solving lol

yup wan't helping. Not sure if it's becuase I was starting with 25% fuel. But anyway squirt into the glow plug hole and away it went. Now I have wheel rotation in the idle position (started about half a tank through and only slowish) so off to google and fix this before continuing.

Sure is a rollercoaster of pits of despair and highs of problem solving lol

Make sure your throttle trim is centred, then adjust the idle screw out which will slow the idle

All my needle settings were well out ,when I got mine and had to reset them to what the manual says.

Once the running in is done you'll be able to change the Venturi over and the start to tune it

Edited by Gwigga

Make sure your throttle trim is centred, then adjust the idle screw out which will slow the idle

All my needle settings were well out ,when I got mine and had to reset them to what the manual says.

Once the running in is done you'll be able to change the Venturi over and the start to tune it

Cheers mate. Manual with all bold text caps DO NOT AJUST SCREWS THEY ARE ALREADY PERFECT is lies lol

• Like 1

Taking mine out later, got 25% nitro instead of the 10%!! Which I ran in on, getting nitro into Jersey is really difficult so I bought 20ltrs!!!!

So got some tuning to do later

Oh and after each tank check the wheel nuts ... I lost one the other day????

Edited by Gwigga

Be very very careful with the locking wheel nuts, its very easy to overtighten and damage the thread, you can ruin the hub trying to remove, you must use grease on the hubs with these nuts!!!!!

• Like 1

Be very very careful with the locking wheel nuts, its very easy to overtighten and damage the thread, you can ruin the hub trying to remove, you must use grease on the hubs with these nuts!!!!!

Threads still had some grease on from previous nuts, literally just nipped them up

Couple of quick questions:

Do you get a light buzzing from the servos sometimes (in default position). I can eliminate it by adjusting trim but as soon as you use the transmitter they will do so again?

Do your wheels look angled / ------ \

Mine really don't seem straight but I guess we'll see when we get to the next tank XD