• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

rctech132's HPI Baja 5B Flux

rctech132

Check the fan on the XL2, the blades snap off too easily.

I'll check that thanks for the tip

i can tell you from past experience you are not jumping too high

unless mostly stock in that case you may want to upgrade the front end a little also looking at you video, you don't have the rear rise too much from the jump at higher speeds, consider thickening the rear shocks to bounce it a little

Yea it's all stock apart from the rear tyres so I'll probbaly stick to simply upgrading everything that I mange to break ect. and the rear

shocks have already lost some oil so that could be why.

Some nice jumps there mate!

Cheers Jim! The baja flies when the conditions are right

Is it possible to jump them too high?

They look so good flying... I don't think it is.

I wish I had a nice steep jump at my stomping grounds... Somewhat jealous, would love to ramp the 32 over that.

Yea I'm quite lucky the only downside is that the grass isn't cut on the actual slope so when you hit it the car picks up a Los of long grass. If the grass was short it would be perfect.

I'd say the king grass still slows the car down a bit and it doesn't get in the car it just jammed in the side wings at the bottom where they meet the skid plate

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Daves Motors is the only place i could find the DarkSoul Racing shock shafts.. Has anyone ordered from them and am i likely to encounter a customs/import tax later on?

Also is it right there is only one size for front and rear with the dark soul shafts?

Edited by rctech132

Daves Motors is the only place i could find the DarkSoul Racing shock shafts.. Has anyone ordered from them and am i likely to encounter a customs/import tax later on?

Also is it right there is only one size for front and rear with the dark soul shafts?

mmr also sell them although their stock is awful these days

buying them from DDM is fine, i've never had issues but for the shock shafts you will get customs on them.

as for size, the fronts are shorter than the rears, however they are the same price.

mmr also sell them although their stock is awful these days

buying them from DDM is fine, i've never had issues but for the shock shafts you will get customs on them.

as for size, the fronts are shorter than the rears, however they are the same priceAs i 

In the description is says "2 shafts (front or rear)" and i can't find another option to change the size or anything?

What sort of customs fee am i looking at roughly?

Edited by rctech132

As I've got quite a few things i need i might just get them all from DDM and then get free shipping... Thinking about getting some Hostile Nightmare MX tyres for the front now swell as i like the look of them lol. How do they compare to the stockers? Are they even any good up front

In the description is says "2 shafts (front or rear)" and i can't find another option to change the size or anything?

What sort of customs fee am i looking at roughly?

the rears are out of stock on ddm

customs is 20% of the cost of the order plus another

Our lass runs mini MX on the fronts, work well on a buggy that doesn't really like turning in ;)

Never had a DDM order avoid charges myself....get my tyres from either Abbots,Silverback or freeprawn.

large orders gets sent by fedex and that will get customs fees 100% of the time, only it will come in a week or 2 after you get the parts.

Maybe I just haven't waited long enough yet then lol

Right.

Ordered a set of stock shock shafts from Modelsport as i was jumping very high which i won't be doing most of the time so i figured the chances of it breaking again aren't that high. Also got a new suspension arm ordered which should be here by next wednesday. Then the baja will be back on the road ready for a bash some time next week.

i was jumping very high which i won't be doing most of the time so i figured the chances of it breaking again aren't that high.

mine broken on 1 foot jumps mate, the suspension design is kinda stupid.

Is this big dans old baja flux?

No i got it off a guy from Facebook called Gary. He only used it once or twice before putting it up for sale.

Good man. Leccy badgers get testy if left sitting for too long ;)

I miss it lol its been too long already but i had absolutely no money until yesterday so let the spending begin again!

mine broken on 1 foot jumps mate, the suspension design is kinda stupid.

Yea it obviously is a week point of the car as its what i broke first. Im willing to give it anode change though and if it does break i have another spare as the pack comes with 2 shafts anyway.

nor mine, only used it for 5 mins.

the 20min walk with it on my shoulder doesn't help the thought of getting her out very much either lol

Trolley?

Fallen lucky with the new house, can drive to and from the bash spot which makes for some strange looks, lol!

Trolley?

Fallen lucky with the new house, can drive to and from the bash spot which makes for some strange looks, lol!

i assume you followed my baja thread and took note of why it took so long to finish?

you can figure out why carrying on my shoulder is currently my one and only option

Trolley?

Dog lead and pull it?

You will get even stranger looks of course...