• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Charlesk's new 4wd racer - Kyosho ZX6

DMS might sell them as they do a lot of lundsford stuff.

I have ordered some from DMS but not sure if they are the right ones, the guy I spoke to wasn't sure but the ones he found fit the RB5 and are Lunsford #36102. Lunsford don't list turnbuckles for the ZX6 and the description for this part number doesn't seem right somehow.

As long as the thread is right and the lengths are similar then you won't have any problems.

Won't know that until I get the ones I've ordered as I don't know how they are measured.

Don't think they are going to fit, it's very hard trying to find ones the right size as they don't list the car and there are hundreds on the Lunsford site, too many to just go through looking at dimensions. I'll put the stock ones in for now until Rude Bits get some stock, at least they know what fits.

Don't think they are going to fit, it's very hard trying to find ones the right size as they don't list the car and there are hundreds on the Lunsford site, too many to just go through looking at dimensions. I'll put the stock ones in for now until Rude Bits get some stock, at least they know what fits.

Why don't you think there going to fit? The sizes will be around the same so they should fit. I ran a losi track rod on my b44 for a while and it was fine as most buggys have the same length turnbuckles or very similar.

• Like 1

My Durango's are running HPI Cyber 10B ti turnbuckles. It really doesn't matter as long as the length is right and its the correct thread for the ball cups.

• Like 2

I have ordered some from DMS but not sure if they are the right ones, the guy I spoke to wasn't sure but the ones he found fit the RB5 and are Lunsford #36102. Lunsford don't list turnbuckles for the ZX6 and the description for this part number doesn't seem right somehow.

Rudebits shows 5 in stock online?

And from memory Tony sells the same link across the range (rb6, zx/6,db1/2) which I think is 2687 (without being 100% sure on the part no).

Just remember that the kit comes with different lenght ball ends so slightly different lengths can be made to fit.

The part no that DMS mentioned is the same part no with Lunsfords ends.

• Like 1

Yes Rudebits are showing stock but they don't actually have any, I have ordered twice from them over a few weeks and been refunded both time with apologies. You are right the correct part number is 2687 which I eventually found on the Lunsford site, I ordered directly from them in the end as DMS are out of stock also.  I am pretty sure that the ones coming from DMS will be wrong as the dimensions are way off so will have to return them when they arrive.

Yes Rudebits are showing stock but they don't actually have any, I have ordered twice from them over a few weeks and been refunded both time with apologies. You are right the correct part number is 2687 which I eventually found on the Lunsford site, I ordered directly from them in the end as DMS are out of stock also.  I am pretty sure that the ones coming from DMS will be wrong as the dimensions are way off so will have to return them when they arrive.

Hmmm, not great on Rudebits's behalf...

But on a brighter front, the 36102 that you've ordered is the same link, just with the addition of Lunsfords own ends.

So should be ok, even if you end up using the Kyosho ends to get the right link lengths ( remember Kyosho uses the same link lights but with different ends to get the right overall lenght)

The Lunsford description for part #36102 is as follows:

Kyosho Ultima RB6 Super Duty Ti Turnbuckle + 4.8mm Ball Cup Kit

2 - M3.5 x 55mm Super Duty Titanium Turnbuckles (Front Camber)

4 - M3.5 x 60mm Super Duty Titanium Turnbuckles (Steering & Rear Camber)

12 - 4.8mm Ball Cups with access hole for easy installation

Which shows 3.5mm dia 55mm and 60mm long turnbuckles, the Kyosho ones on the other hand are 3mm dia and 40mm long.

Thanks for all the help and guidance so far everyone, couple more questions if I may:

1. How should the stabilizers bet set/adjusted?
2. Is it wise or necessary even to use thread lock on the motor mounting screws?

Thanks for all the help and guidance so far everyone, couple more questions if I may:

1. How should the stabilizers bet set/adjusted?

2. Is it wise or necessary even to use thread lock on the motor mounting screws?

I've never put thread lock to the motor mounting, and never had any issues.

Arb wise, put them on the mountings, screw in the brackets and then set the set screws to take away the play, whilst they can stil move freely. Then can connect the links.

Minor adjustments can be made by altering were the links go (for a giver thickness the shorter the arb the harder).

Star with the links vertical and see how you get on...

• Like 1

When fitting the shocks, make sure that the screws that fix them to the arm aren't too tight.

The zx6 got plastic pivot balls, and it fairly easy to deform them and make them bind. They want to be just nipped.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

3rd run this weekend, this time on a part slippy floor, part carpet indoor track.

My luck was poor and my driving not much better. Main aim was to get some more miles with the car and sort the setup, which got achieved, but the result was not great and had a few issues...

Practice run, my servo unplugged it self, not sure how or why, but that meant that I went into the heats without much track knowledge or a chance to adapt the car.

Heat 1, poor take off on my part, which meant I landed of the line, straight into the track markers, breaking a front arm, front shock shaft and making the driveshaft into an s shape. All that on lap 2, ooooooops....

Heat 2, car repaired, drove steady with the only aim to bring it to the finish line. Got there, but the car was too twitchy for my hands, so had to take it quite steady, so a slow result.

Heat 3, a few alterations to the setup, got the car planted, but maybe a bit too planted. Went faster, but there was definitely more to be had.

Heat 4, a couple more changes to bring some more steering to the car. It worked the car was really good, the run decent but on the previous Heat somebodys shock spilt oil on the track making it very slippy in places. Even so went faster still, but not as fast as I could of done. Hey ho...

Final, qualified 6th, made a good start, jumping to 4th. The car was really good, the pace there and was chasing the leaders, got up to 2nd and then coming through back markers got taken out on a jump, landed badly breaking the rear shock tower. Decided to carry on, despite a badly compromised car. Dropped back down to 6th...

Positives to take out of the meeting.

The car is now setup well and the pace is there, but can't keep thinking that it could of been a lot better and the breakages tainted the day.

• Like 1

So this is what I look forward too?  Good job I ordered some spare parts .... lol.   Better luck next time Charles.

Hopefully not. I've not broken anything for a good while on the other cars, I put it down to bad luck more than anything else...

• Like 1

Went for a practice with a couple of mates yesterday, outdoors on astro.

Started on wet tyres (bb greens all around) as the track was wet early on.

The car handled great. When it started to dry out moved on to yellow low pro cut staggers front and yellow minispikes rear.

Car was still very good.

Geared it up as well (3t) since the track was quite wide/had a big straight.

No breakages, other than a couple of nasty marks to the shell.

Outdoor suit me and the car more...

• Like 1

Went for a practice with a couple of mates yesterday, outdoors on astro.

Started on wet tyres (bb greens all around) as the track was wet early on.

The car handled great. When it started to dry out moved on to yellow low pro cut staggers front and yellow minispikes rear.

Car was still very good.

Geared it up as well (3t) since the track was quite wide/had a big straight.

No breakages, other than a couple of nasty marks to the shell.

Outdoor suit me and the car more...

Thanks for posting