• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

8ight grip roll advice

As I've never had to dial in a 1/8 brushless buggy before, I thought I'd ask some opinions on basic set-ups to see if that helps.

So, I took the anti roll bars off, and that helps a bit, I've got 50wt shock oil in the rear set to about half compression, I've got 40wt in the front set to about half compression, white springs, set at the same front and back.

Someone said if the inside rear is cocking up, the front end is too firm, I loosened the springs on the front a bit and it was basically the same, but both inside wheels cocked up :lol:

Anyone got any advice to a decent set-up that doesn't constantly want to roll over?

At the moment I've got a range of what I can use, right now I've got VTEC Banzai's on, and tarmac... I'm just testing on tarmac as it's the most grippy, if I can get a reasonably controlled set-up on that, for the hard packed dirt track, it'll handle even better.

That's my thinking anyway, not sure if I'm right or not :lol:

Onroad setup will be nothing like a off road dirt track and your sway bars will be needed then its all about tyre choice and correct spring rates and oil

Most dirt racers use aka tyres there's a whole range to choose from all depends on track surface best way to find a good setup is go to your local track and see what others are doing setup wise

Your shock oils are way too thick. Plus you can't really test it until it's on a track and then you will set up from there. Don't know anyone who run's white springs on a 8ight buggy.

Your ride height will need to be much lower also. 24 front, 26 rear is a good all rounder.

Edited by duopkik

I shall just wait until I get it to the track if I make it on the 22nd.

I just wanted a rough set-up then I don't have to start right from scratch on the day and end up ruining any potential results lol.

I'm hardly going to be fast but still, would be nice to be starting on a noob set-up rather than nothing at all :lol:

Sod it do like Clarkson MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!  :tease:

:lol: it's got more than enough power for little ol' me for now lol.

I can't begin to imagine what Castle set-ups are like running 6s for bashing.

But this 120a system on a 4s feels nice and goes well enough for jumps :D

Also just lowered the ride height by quite a bit and that has helped amazingly!

Couldn't get it to grip roll at all lol, totally forgot about droop screws... Ooops :lol: