• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

G3.0 engine

Darwrt1969

I had a connecting rod snap on my first G3.0, which HPI replaced due to a manufacturing fault. The replacement has been spot on and hasn't missed a beat for nearly 4 years now. Are you having issues with yours? I think the G3.0 has more than enough power for the Firestorm and is easy to tune too :)

Yeah funny that my con rod snapped two just under the piston head Also took a chunk from the side of the piston head and made a indent on the side of the crank case. Hpi gave me a new engine. I bought my car a year ago

Ive not blown a single HPI engine ever-and ive had a few-i got my 1st G3.0 only this year and since have built and run a few of them-decent little engine with plenty of grunt...after all its fitted in the WR8 too.

An interesting point to note is that the piston/liner/rod are the very same part that goes into the older T3.0 so its essentially been on the go for years.

Ive had one with a leaky front bearing-but all of them need the needle stack sealing at some point in their life and thats about all ive had to do to any of mine...

Yoshi

Edited by Yoshimoto