• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Crawler wheels and tyres

WesleyBryant

Hi there after some advice I have a axial dingo with 1.9 tyres on proline beadlocks . What I want to know is should I run with foams or not. Any advice would be great.

Really depends on the tyres, wheels, if you run weights in them and the weight of your truck, some of the firmer ones are okay without foams, providing the wheels are not vented. Some of the softer compounds will just fold and collapse when pushed.

I run memory foam in all mine cut from a sheet 1 1/2 inches thick and just big enough to fill the tyre.

• 2 weeks later...

im running stock ripsaws on my dingo but with heavier alloy beadlock rims not vented and stock foams and never have an issue with grip 

in my experiance as long as you have weight distribution rite on the car it works better than filling your wheels with lead

sure many will disagree with this but its just the way i have always run my cars

its like tonysmini has said some tyres like the flat irons you used to get with axial vehicles don`t really need foams but tryes like the rc4wd tsl super swampers do need foams as there really soft tyres 

Edited by mini-z-awd

My 1.9 rc4wd flashpoints on my scx10 have to be run with foams.

I did try no foam on one unweighted wheel at the back end and it just went completely flat lol so back to foams, even now with foams it'll flatspot the tyres on a flat surface without a battery in, great traction though...