• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

MTA4/MGT Owners thread

jari

Hear you go sorry not the best at explaining.

I posted some pics on a previous page. I had to sand the edges a little on the seems not to much though and drilled 4 holes in the chassis. To mark the holes I used kebab sticks cut down and pushed into the holes on the tank put tip ex on the ends and carefully pushed the tank down on the chassis it's a tight fit but seems good. Just waiting for some nice blue fuel line to turn up now.

I did think about moving the roll bar but though it would prob be best left where it was.

image_zpsda40f9e7.jpg

Can't really say had some problems took me a while to figure out it was the plug Lols gonna get one Tomo been using an old one which was prob stupid as I has to retune and prob have to again with the new one Lols. I'm impatient :)

That's a tidy job mate, don't look out of place or anything good job :) that's next on my to do list.

It was pretty easy to be fair just a worrying having to drill the chassis. Measure twice drill once Lols

• Like 1

Have you had any prob with the filter rubbing on the spur gear? I've managed to burn mine lol

I had a dead plug today, found out after 10 mins of getting nowhere :D if you retune wind needles right in then count out and when you get it sweet write it down, long as you stick with same fuel should save abit of hassle...

That is until you get engine wear which is a good way yet :P

I'll bare that in mind mate cheers I'm still having a few niggles with the lsn though I've set them really rich for now gonna just keep them that way for a while I think just to be sure. I'm to used to optimax fuel which I've found out is very smokey where as Byron is the opposite lol

How many turns out are yours? I've said it before but the manual is crap!

Edited by Morpet

Yea manual is awful really, my filters fine at the moment but it in an oversized filter so I can see how you've done it...

I can't tell you to be honest I'm not sure I still found myself leaning the LSN today so I could get good take off.. Snaps wheelies now no probs :) will post my carb setting here when I have it out again dude.

Ok cheers yeah mines always doing wheelies Lols good fun but scrapes the hell out of the bumper though but only gonna get worse lols

• Like 1

Currently using os8, seems to run very well, only knacked one on break in.

Where's the best place to get them mate. Have u got link?

Hi, been on hols so a bit late in on this thread.

About time the MTA4 population increased a bit!

In case I'm not too late and it's already been done, whoever was doing twin tank mods, I'd recommend running the tanks in series (rather than parallel with a t-junction). Simpler pipework, less chance of air leaks developing as less junctions. Also if in parallel and one of the two tanks runs out before the other it just starts introducing bubbles into the fuel line and buggering your tune. Rig them in series is the way forward.

It is generally accepted that the thunder tiger manuals are terrible and say all kinds of crap. The favourite is the fact that the MSN is marked as the LSN in one or two of the pictures. If anyone having trouble tuning and hasn't been told or figured it out, hsn is big copper screw, MSN is the large silver screw that's easily accessible on the side of the carb (don't touch it), and the LSN is the little back screw in the grommet on the opposite side of the carb to the MSN, where the throttle linkage attaches to the carb - right under the air filter so hard to get at. Lots of people start off merrily tuning away on the MSN thinking its the LSN and not understanding why things arnt having the effect they should.

Bit late on the duel tank I've already done it in parallel doh!! Thanks for the advice on the msn that has been confusing me lol. Bloody manuals!!

Hi, been on hols so a bit late in on this thread.

About time the MTA4 population increased a bit!

In case I'm not too late and it's already been done, whoever was doing twin tank mods, I'd recommend running the tanks in series (rather than parallel with a t-junction). Simpler pipework, less chance of air leaks developing as less junctions. Also if in parallel and one of the two tanks runs out before the other it just starts introducing bubbles into the fuel line and buggering your tune. Rig them in series is the way forward.

It is generally accepted that the thunder tiger manuals are terrible and say all kinds of crap. The favourite is the fact that the MSN is marked as the LSN in one or two of the pictures. If anyone having trouble tuning and hasn't been told or figured it out, hsn is big copper screw, MSN is the large silver screw that's easily accessible on the side of the carb (don't touch it), and the LSN is the little back screw in the grommet on the opposite side of the carb to the MSN, where the throttle linkage attaches to the carb - right under the air filter so hard to get at. Lots of people start off merrily tuning away on the MSN thinking its the LSN and not understanding why things arnt having the effect they should.

How do you mean in series mate haven't done mine yet

Bit late on the duel tank I've already done it in parallel doh!! Thanks for the advice on the msn that has been confusing me lol. Bloody manuals!!

In parallel will still work, just more chance of it causing running problems that's all.

In any case, fixing the second tank to the chassis is the time consuming bit. Re-routing some fuel pipe is the work of moments, so you could switch it in minutes if you wanted.