• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Samuran

Yeah thats the bit :good:

All airfilters are reasonably splash proof when u use airfilter oil ;)  cant reccomend on for the buggy sorry.  But truggy fellas use the byrons dual intake with great results (MS)  should fit but maybe check.  Honestly any airfilter is better than that HPI one though ;)

Bit's now ordered.... New servo, spare servo horns, new air filter, after run oil, air filter oil and some other bits and bobs... Hopefully there will be a couple of dry evenings this week so I can get things fitted and try my hand at re tuning it lol

For sure, I'm just in Costa chilling

oh and the top car park is closed at white river great for a bit of brushless fun

Brushless boat? heheh

How come it's closed? I pretty much only ever park at the old fire station (by ozzel bowl)...

Update! New air filter oiled and fitted, new servo + horn fitted (it was the horn that was worn). Think something might be a bit up with the idle seems like it might be wandering about / sticking... not sure. But anyway lots of fun in the wet grass drifting about, need to go somewhere with more room than the garden tho!

Will try and take some more pics at the weekend.

Yeah I don't think there is anything seriously wrong with it *fingers crossed*
I need to strip the shocks down and give them a clean up as well as a few other things... but at the moment I can't be arsed, not till the 1/10th buggy is running again so I've got something to play with ;)

Well I think I probably should have listened to Jony... 

So after spending most of the end of the week then the weekend trying to start it much to my frustration I today started it... and I think it's ****ed...

First time it started the wheels ran backwards... at about full speed... managed to stop it and then found / saw that it had sprayed fuel out from somewhere around the block. I swore and turned it off.

After a few minutes I tried it again... it's making odd gas releasing type noises when I primed it... it fired up and I left it to idle for a few minutes. It is still spraying fuel about and it sounds rough as hell.

Thoughts?

Cheers Ben

The running backwards is likely to be diffs installed wrong way round, both ends running backwards?? The engine could have got reversed but it's very rare.

Clean up the engine with kitchen roll etc then see where it's blowing from. It might just need stripping and re-sealing, it might be the shim is missing from the head. Might be a bad exhaust seal but anywhere there is a leak, it'll screw the performance. The fact that it idles for a few minutes is kind of a good sign, they don't start when truly ****ed.

The running backwards is likely to be diffs installed wrong way round, both ends running backwards?? The engine could have got reversed but it's very rare.

Clean up the engine with kitchen roll etc then see where it's blowing from. It might just need stripping and re-sealing, it might be the shim is missing from the head. Might be a bad exhaust seal but anywhere there is a leak, it'll screw the performance. The fact that it idles for a few minutes is kind of a good sign, they don't start when truly ****ed.

I've run it 4 times since getting it, the time today was the first time it ran backwards and yeah all 4 wheels... I'll give it a clean up at the weekend and see if I can work out exactly where it's spraying from (if I can get it to start that is lol).

Have you had the engine out? Does it hold its own weight

Err I dunno mate, I'll google it and then try it or something... lol