• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

why such a big box amain hobbies why lol

mini-z-awd

i had some stuff sent to my hotel in Florida when jony nitro ordered his conversion and my tekno kit and it cam in a big arse box lol had to pull stuff out to get in my suitcase to fetch it home  :shockingscary:

It's pretty old now and I hope companies are reducing their packaging but this like provided me with some amusement. Makes you're packaging look acceptable.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/29/aboxalypse_now/

i like the mouse one which was stuck to the pallet now that is just a joke.

oh i forgot i also got a amain hobbies plastic carrier bag inside the box instead of some bubble wrap  i guess that would have saved them about 2 cents and the weird bit is i paid less than

Edited by mini-z-awd

It's pretty old now and I hope companies are reducing their packaging but this like provided me with some amusement. Makes you're packaging look acceptable.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/07/29/aboxalypse_now/

Haha, that is brilliant....how did somebody from HP honestly decide the most efficient way to send that part was for it to be palletised? 

I ordered a single spur gear fromTowerHobbies, took their cheapie delivery option, a couple of dollars - it arrived in a huge padded envelpoe with 2 catalogues full of the same stuff as the website... must have cost a fortune in extra weight!

+1 on that.

I work for a popular industrial tooling company and we have to send a lot of items all round the UK and Overseas and have contracts with most courier services.

We always make the parcels as substantial as possible and make a point of not charging the customer any extra packaging costs, as it's better for both parties.

It's frightening how many distribution hubs and sorting depots just one parcel can visit from A to B!

KingPin

+1 on that.

I work for a popular industrial tooling company and we have to send a lot of items all round the UK and Overseas and have contracts with most courier services.

We always make the parcels as substantial as possible and make a point of not charging the customer any extra packaging costs, as it's better for both parties.

It's frightening how many distribution hubs and sorting depots just one parcel can visit from A to B!

KingPin

Ahh we do the same at my place

I work in pcd. What sorta stuff do you do?

We believe it looks more professional.

That is quite excessive but I'd rather a box with a little room than none at all!

I had the complete opposite with A Main. I ordered loads of bits for a Losi from them and they decided to find the smallest possible box to cram them all into. So much so, the shock springs I ordered had rub marks all down them & the packaging was ripped in places from being packaged so tightly. :(

Perhaps they got complaints from people like me who found their stuff crammed into tiny boxes...  :whistling:

Edited by TrickyTris

I orderd a mini rc shell cost $4.50 shipping and came in a box that would easily fit a slash body. Im very happy I just wish the other usa sellers would price up the same. Instead of asking $20 shipping for a nitro glow plug.  

I stayed away from tower and amain bcos of shipping but now im really glad I signed to tower ill soon check out amain.

I got a full set of trencher 2.2s for

We do everything mate, and supply to some to some big names!

Hope the mods don't mind me posting this, but this is my works website..... https://www.cromwell.co.uk/

Cheers

KingPin

Ahh great dude, I work for Cruing Uk and do have quite a few dealings with Cromwell

Small world eh!