• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder's Baja Flux Build - Ruby

Thunderwolf

Shell arrived

Shame I have no paint yet, think leave it until last as there is something I want to do with this before its sone

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk 2

Shell arrived

Shame I have no paint yet, think leave it until last as there is something I want to do with this before its sone

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

was joyfully admiring ruby sat on the unit at the foot of my beb when i realised that at some point, before i run her, i'll have to take her almost completely part.

because i've not actually threadlocked any of the screws in any shape or form

on the plus side, i am looking at getting the esc and motor early next month, so thats a good thing

Good for 6s, which can though???

*facepalm*

thanks for that noj, you made me check the link, was the wrong one lol

bought that trackstar 200a 8s esc off hobbyking, not the one above. it may not be the greatest esc but i'm only going to run 6s, but i'll have the option of 8s if i want to try it, then if i like it i'll get something more manly, plus it matches my colour scheme better.

i have the motor planned, but i can't remember what it was called or find the link atm so can't tell you what it is, will let you know when i find/remember it

Edited by Thunderwolf

Interesting choice, had a look at these the other day via a link from the Wookie... Very keen to see how it performs in comparison to the sky toro esc...I know those are fine on 6s (a friend runs one in his LRP Truggy and it flies), but as samshirley proved, not good for 8s or a baja, longterm.

May be dry enough to bash by the time everything is installed  :thumbsup:

I can't remember what he ran it on but I did think he tried a Trackstar esc, because people didn't believe how many packs he'd put through it on the thread before it failed.

I should stop being lazy and just look for his thread but I can't be bothered :lol:

my above post was correct

because i asked him 2mins before making the post ;)