• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

electric issues after delivery by City link?

teddyt

I have recently sold 2 tanks both working fine when packed up and sold, how ever when delivered by city link both have electrical faults??

has anyone else had this issue? both tanks were sold to GOOD members on this board, and I have no reason to doudt their word or rc knowledge.

so the question is what does city link do to my parcels???  I am now wondering if i should bother selling stuff if its crap when it arrives, and I just have refund the buyer and let people down :sly:

Edited by teddyt

Depends what the electrical faults were. If it was just the smoke that packed up, that is probably due to "rough" handling and could happen with any carrier. When new, the heating element is flexible but after use they become brittle and break with the slightest knock or jar. They are notoriously fragile.

I had loads of issues with Heng Long electrics including dead electrics when posted,in the end I saved up and switched to Tamiya,Heng Long are well known for faulty electrics when handled roughly,dont know much about Hobby Engine sorry...

I saw a fly on the wall tv show once showing these parcel deliveries and I think grasses in jail take less beatings. I saw one worker recorded on tje homes cctv lob a brand new xbox360 over the garden gate.

Parcel force deliverd me a used ps3 with all the casings. Top case and little top pannel completely snapped off the console plus a big chip in one corner. But it was a combination of a dumb moment on a friends behalf and rough handling. I put the cash in a friends bank to pick up and post it from cex. Thats exactly what he did pick it up and post it lol. In a blummin pull string bag no box.

But surprising this is the only ps3 out of 5 to actually last over 12months faultless its actually about 19months now all 4 of the others broke between 10-13months after purchase. I will stick with the 80gigs now.

Sorry to slightly stumble off topic but simple answer is the delivery men dont care what's in the package we just have to try and make it shockproof or parcelforce prrof lol.