• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Blown another motor. Aaarrrgghhh!

WADREW

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=102703

Motor and Battery Combinations

The Flux Tork 2560Kv Brushless Motor requires very powerful batteries to get the most out of it - please make sure that you use the right combination! This motor is designed with the use of 4S LiPo batteries above 4000mAh and 20C. Using batteries with lower ratings, or the use of lower quality LiPo batteries, may cause damage to battery and/or speed control. Using batteries below the specified ratings may void the warranty of the speed controller and/or batteries.

Edited by Deafty

They say quite clearly. 73mph with 46t spur 21t pinion on 6s

Actually no they don't say that.  I will say it's misleading and misrepresentation of a product, but they don't mention 6s anywhere near the motor or gearing.  You are just reading it that way.

My BL setup will do 130 I am sure!  I will also need a new motor at a minimum after every second high speed pass.  So how fast does it go ,  well very fast! 

The question you should be asking is not:

So how fast does it go?

but rather:

How well does it last?!!

And if u had read my previous post you will also note that they state specifically and clearly upon the 2650kv motors page what it can handle.

To me it sounds like you wanna bend the rules to catch em on a warranty claim that was always gonna be your fault.  I mean really 21t on 6s with a 2650kv and you don't own a temp gun! are you mad!!???  Oh and you've burnt 2-3 motors too :shockingscary:

• Like 2

Actually no they don't say that.  I will say it's misleading and misrepresentation of a product, but they don't mention 6s anywhere near the motor or gearing.  You are just reading it that way.

My BL setup will do 130 I am sure!  I will also need a new motor at a minimum after every second high speed pass.  So how fast does it go ,  well very fast! 

The question you should be asking is not:

So how fast does it go?

but rather:

How well does it last?!!

And if u had read my previous post you will also note that they state specifically and clearly upon the 2650kv motors page what it can handle.

To me it sounds like you wanna bend the rules to catch em on a warranty claim that was always gonna be your fault.  I mean really 21t on 6s with a 2650kv and you don't own a temp gun! are you mad!!???  Oh and you've burnt 2-3 motors too :shockingscary:

true you really should own a temp gun , i got mine from hong kong for

:

With everything you said your right and I agree, but this is what his seen and read:

HOW FAST DOES IT GO?

117kph (73 mph)

With optional gearing, tires and motor when using 3 cell Lipo (11.1v) battery pack x2 6s 22.2v total

OPTION PARTS USED:

Pinion gear 21 tooth

Spur gear 46 tooth

Hub megabite tire

Flux Tork 2650kv brushless motor

That's what it says on their site I did link it above and as I also said above I'm not agreeing with this or saying its right but they do say it!

Thanks.

• Like 1

They shouldn't be claiming it's ok for the 2650 to run 6s, period. Even for speed runs it's motorcide!

In the hands of an experienced leccy owner the 2650 can go to 5s, but this is still gearing/terrain dependent. I haven't read any of the links posted, purely because I know my motors and more importantly, I know their limits. I currently own a Neu 2200, 1515 1Y/F, a CC 2200, 1515, a Neu 2650, 1512 2D/F and a CC 1800, 1518. I run them within their limits, not on their limits and certainly not exceeding their limits. The oldest of the four I've listed is 4 years old and still going strong!

To the OP, I'd say make your warranty claim and base it on HPI making claims of this much speed etc. In future, if you're not sure on gearing, ask on this, or any forum, before choosing a gear ratio. It's always best to find out what other's are running to really know what works best in the real world.

I agree Clive I only posted links to prove what WADREW is reading it correct as some were saying Hpi have never said that etc etc.

What Hpi are saying is wrong and its just an advertising trick people see the speed and think wow I want one it does blah blah that's why most put the top speed all over the boxes.

I also know their limits as said the links were for others.

As Clive has said in future come on the forum and ask before believing manufacturers figures.

Just to round up as I said earlier this is my advice:

'Get another 2200kv motor go back to standard gearing then monitor temps and go from there.'

Good luck.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I run a 2350kV motor on 5s with a 12T pinion 50T spur and my temps are ok still gets hot but you can handle the motor where before I ran a 18T pinion 46T spur and the heat was unreal on the motor you couldn't touch it for a second so I would definitely gear down some mate

Actually no they don't say that. I will say it's misleading and misrepresentation of a product, but they don't mention 6s anywhere near the motor or gearing. You are just reading it that way.:

Actually yes they do and no I'm actually not.

I spoke to hpi today and they said that it can be set up like I had it but for high speed passes. I replied with why don't it state that? To which he had no reply so I'm sending the motor to them and they will take a look and see what they can do for me.

I agree Clive I only posted links to prove what WADREW is reading it correct as some were saying Hpi have never said that etc etc.

What Hpi are saying is wrong and its just an advertising trick people see the speed and think wow I want one it does blah blah that's why most put the top speed all over the boxes.

I also know their limits as said the links were for others.

As Clive has said in future come on the forum and ask before believing manufacturers figures.

Just to round up as I said earlier this is my advice:

'Get another 2200kv motor go back to standard gearing then monitor temps and go from there.'

Good luck.

Thanks.

Cheers dude yeah that's the plan, go back to stock and sell it. Going back to nitro I think. Always had nitro for years and wanted to try leccy. Too bloody tetchy for my liking.