• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hpi Savage x ss 4.6 engine

pmac

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, I have a few cars, that are in various states of repair, but I need some advice on my Savage ss. I have had the truck a while now, always been a pig to start and tick over, (when it was running it would blow fuel out of the air intake on the carb) which I put down to the engine being on its way out. My suspicions were confirmed yesterday, when it destroyed the engine. I have had a look inside and it is not worth repairing, so it is time for a new one. The dead engine is a k4.6. I have had a look around, and I see that these have been replaced with the f4.6. I am not too bothered about power upgrades, I would rather have reliability. Is it worth hunting down a K4.6, or is the F4.6 better, or have you got any more recommendations. I don't race the truck I only use it for playing around on the dirt. Any help or advice on this will be gratefully received. Many thanks Paul.